Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
That sucked Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
That sucked Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
That sucked Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
That sucked Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
That sucked Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
That sucked Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
That sucked Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
That sucked Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
That sucked Vote_lcapThat sucked Voting_barThat sucked Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
stereo silence world records Audiopipe chef drive disc record crzyblondgrl globe kyle 80inches dollar quad pics state Johncarr 2010 broken louisiana songs build crank finals contest
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

That sucked

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-09-19

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:51 pm

Well for my first time ever running SB1 I only did a 147.7. I had to do the run with the car off because my factory alt wouldn't take the load and I would have killed the poor thing. So I ran on batt power only. Oh well! Back to the drawing board.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:59 pm

it wont kill the alt man it will be ok but voltage will drop. what is your setup?
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:36 pm

The alt only puts out 55amp at 3600rpm. No after market alt will fit a 1st Gen rex without a lot of modding and expense that I can't do right now. I can run the car for a burp, but for 30+ sec. i'm afraid I will pop the diodes. Then I would be walking home.
The setup is 1 factory batt + 2 running 2 DDM3's and 2 DD9510's.
Back to top Go down
sbcherokee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sbcherokee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-04-03

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:26 am

thats odd the stock alt. should be able to take that load scratch
Back to top Go down
sbcherokee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sbcherokee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-04-03

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:28 am

i just got done building a 88 corolla with 2 d9s and 2 9515s i run it off the stock alt. will do low fifties all day...
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 2:14 am

Back in the late 80's I would go through an alt a week. That was back when Chief Auto Parts (no longer in business) was open 24hrs. Every Sat. night I would be in there parking lot changing alts out to the point I could change one in about 15 min in the parking lot. After changing out my fifth alt in as many weeks, I just stopped playing my system full tilt. 55amp is not 55amp at idle speed. Next show I go to I will be trailering the car so I will run it.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:16 pm

do you have the big 3 done too? and what engine is it in there? i have a 320a but i have a 2nd gen
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 pm

he has a 40 amp alt if im not mistaken wich i could be

i had a 1st gen crx at one time, and well it sucked nothing we did would perk it up. save a few 100 bix and get a 2nd gen man and gain 3-4 off the batt its that much differance
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:00 pm

yeah we had a teammate who could sb a 150 in his 1st gen with 2 10's but never got to play anymore with it as he sold it like a month later.lol i actually still have the box we used in it 2 10''s forward with a 8" aero out the back and the rear wall was kerfed on both sides.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:00 pm

and that was 2 aq 10's on a d9
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:25 am

poundstone wrote:
do you have the big 3 done too? and what engine is it in there? i have a 320a but i have a 2nd gen

The engine is the EV1 1300 about 55-65hp. My motorcycle has a bigger emgine in it.

As far as getting a 2nd gen, won't happen unless someone gives me one for free LOL. BUT! From my experience with a first gen, (I have had one just like this one since 1984) their is only 2 way I know how to get it somewhat louder. The problem i'm having now is I am listening to and doing what others have sugested I do and following others designs that work well in a second gen. Those don't seem to work very well in mine. I'm sure there are other amps and different subs I could try, but I have to do with what I have.

One way I have found that work well in my car is a box that fills the back of the car with panels to flush everything out with a crap load of power. This worked well for me 10 years ago. Might not now though.

The second way was a wall with panels flushing the front of the wall out also with a crap load of power. This worked well for me 22 years ago. Also might not work now.

Other then that I don't know what else I can do that won't cost anything more then buying wood and time for a build.

And Sanman. I would love nothing more then to get a second gen. Damn how I wish I could get one, but I just can't. I know you had a first gen at one time. Is there anything else as far a box design goes that I could try?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:34 am

rodney green had the loudest 1st gen that i know of 157.7 was the loudest he got on 2 crunk 15's. and 4 big ass amps dont remember the names right now

15's up 4 4" aeros back
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:53 am

sanman wrote:
rodney green had the loudest 1st gen that i know of 157.7 was the loudest he got on 2 crunk 15's. and 4 big ass amps dont remember the names right now

15's up 4 4" aeros back

I should give him a call. I use to compete with him back 9-11 years ago. He basically used the same sub setup I had then. One big difference is i'm going to try to do the same kinds of numbers, but with 2 10's. I too had 15's up with 8 Directed DEI 1100d's. All it takes is a $hit load of power to get the #'s 2nd gens get with a lot less.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:01 pm

well i know that box i said does a 150+ sb in a first gen on just 1 d9 and shitty ass electrical it was stock alt and 2 crappy batts. i can take a pic of it but its pretty simple.lol
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
Above Average Contributor
twentyhurtz

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2008-09-29

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:23 pm

yank the a/c compressor out! You can fit a nice little alt in that space Very Happy
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:38 pm

1 alt only in sb
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Please send me a pic of the box. And Barret the AC in the car is functional. I would hate to lose that AC in Texas heat. Also I did have a aftermarket alt in the factory location at one time. Had to remove the drivers side half shaft and make a special bracket for it to fit. It had a 5 groove pulley, but I could only use the factory 3 groove belt. The belt had to be so tight I had to have extra belts with me at all times because they keept breaking. And the engine couldn't handle the load of the alt and would die unless I revved the engine to over 3500rpm. The car just doesn't have the nuts to run an alt larger then what I have.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:16 pm

it will man i got a d15b2 in mine running a iraggi 320a it barely fits but works good.lol does bog down a bit on my runs but thats to be expected.lol ill take a pic in a min and post it
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Well, i wasn't necessarily implying to add it as a second in that location, but to remove the oem, but if that's out of the question, then i understand. "most" of us here don't run a/c's on our honda's, i had stripped mine off my integra, but now its out in texas and that guy has no a/c - even though he has spent thousands more on the car performance wise..
Did those come with power steering?
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:18 pm

My EG hatch had the 70 hp D15, with a 150a alt, and hauled around a box with 8 12's in it... it no go very fast...
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:31 pm

here is a pic of it in the car if you want i can take a pic of it but that means me dragging it out of the corner.lol and keep in mind this is just a slapped together overnight for a show box.lol

That sucked Hertersbox
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:47 pm

twentyhurtz wrote:
Well, i wasn't necessarily implying to add it as a second in that location, but to remove the oem, but if that's out of the question, then i understand. "most" of us here don't run a/c's on our honda's, i had stripped mine off my integra, but now its out in texas and that guy has no a/c - even though he has spent thousands more on the car performance wise..
Did those come with power steering?

twentyhurtz wrote:
My EG hatch had the 70 hp D15, with a 150a alt, and hauled around a box with 8 12's in it... it no go very fast...

My car slows down on any incline wat so ever. And my alt I had in the car back then killed the engine everytime I turned on the amps. LOL
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Poundstone you have PM.
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:34 am

OK! I'm going to yank everything out of the car and start over again.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 4:59 pm

pm'd back man. sorry didnt see it till now.
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:54 pm

NP. You have PM. lol
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:02 pm

I found one of the problems today. One of the subs. The surround separated from the cone. Sending it in for an RMA.
That sucked Imag0010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

That sucked Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sucked   That sucked Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That sucked
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: STREET BEAT :: STREET BEAT-
Jump to: