Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
New to the forum. doing SB1 Vote_lcapNew to the forum. doing SB1 Voting_barNew to the forum. doing SB1 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
New to the forum. doing SB1 Vote_lcapNew to the forum. doing SB1 Voting_barNew to the forum. doing SB1 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
dollar contest kyle chef crank Johncarr broken globe state stereo 2010 silence 80inches Audiopipe finals record crzyblondgrl quad disc drive world pics records build songs louisiana
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

New to the forum. doing SB1

Go down 
+4
bojangles
TAMU
chrisfish
stevemead
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stevemead

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-06-29

New to the forum. doing SB1 Empty
PostSubject: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:58 pm

Hey folks, im from houston. just did my first show in houston at heatwave. this was my first comp and now i got the itch. im working on a new box for the Austin Heatwave.
first sb1 run on drained battery and a cd i had never heard. did 139.8
goal by the end on the season in texas state sb1 record.
current TX SB1 record is 143 affraid
Oh yeah im running 4 sa-8s on an saz3k in a 09 crewcab silverado
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Welcome! ..good luck with your goals. And have fun with it.
Back to top Go down
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TAMU

Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:04 am

stevemead wrote:
Hey folks, im from houston. just did my first show in houston at heatwave. this was my first comp and now i got the itch. im working on a new box for the Austin Heatwave.

ACTUALLY THE TEXAS SB1 RECORD IS 158.1
Back to top Go down
http://www.juggmaster.com
bojangles
Above Average Contributor
bojangles

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 am

TAMU wrote:
stevemead wrote:

He said "current" TX SB1 record.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:47 am

who did a 58 in sb1 frm texas?
Back to top Go down
bojangles
bojangles

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 11:37 am

dbdaddy wrote:
who did a 58 in sb1 frm texas?
Billy Morgan
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:41 pm

what was he bangin on? damn. thats somthin else.
Back to top Go down
bojangles
bojangles

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:43 pm

I think it was 2 dd 9510's and 4 crossfire 2400's
Back to top Go down
stevemead

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 2:39 pm

bojangles wrote:
TAMU wrote:
stevemead wrote:

He said "current" TX SB1 record.
Thanks. The "current" tx SB1 record is 143.40
I don't have a crazy audio based ride like some of you, just my work truck with a couple 8s under the seat. A 58 is not gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:13 pm

i live in houston. anything i can do to help, hit me up.

Back to top Go down
stevemead

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:27 pm

dbdaddy wrote:
i live in houston. anything i can do to help, hit me up.

thanks. I see your name all over the record page. I'll probably hit you up I'm in Katy often. My wife works there.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:10 pm

I did SB1 last year, and I'm in the Med Center area. If you need help with box design or building, let me know.

Don't get discouraged by Billy's score. If you are getting 140+, you'll be competitive at most local shows. Plus, his score was on music (old format), and the new records will be set using the Street Beat CD.

4 SA-8 will be a solid platform to start out. Those subs will take a beating, and have the suspension to handle a wide range of frequencies. Any specs on the box?
Back to top Go down
stevemead

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks Chris, I have built many low tuned boxes for these. I first bought 4 during the presale before they came out. This is my first box built for numbers. My current box is 2.4 cubes @ 31 Hz. 50 inches of port. I have never burned a coil yet but have broke several from over excursion and other issues in my truck. My new box I'm building for Austin is 2.0 cubes @45 Hz. 8 inch sonotube.
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Sounds good, most important thing is to have fun. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:25 pm

One of the old farts on here taught me a trick a few months ago. If you have a meter, make a sealed box for 1 of your 8's and place it in the kick (where the mic would be). Use a test tone (at the frequency of your street beat song), and test where the "hot spots" are in the cabin using the meter.

This will give you a rough idea of where to place the woofers and port openings so that they act constructively. If you can't place the 4 woofers and ?? ports in the ideal locations, you'll probably benefit from loading the ports/woofer faces. If a woofer is closer to the kick than optimal, loading will exchange some efficiency for dropping the tuning slightly. Do this with funky box shape, port placement, or loading walls.

Once you get position roughly set, test a range of box sizes. You're tuning the resonant peak of the woofer+air combo to match your song frequency. Once that's settled, fine-tune the port tuning. Last step is meter time. Fiddle with headrests, vents, door/window positions, seat angles. Most things will have an effect, however slight.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:52 pm

haha damm old farts who is given all the good information out anyways
Back to top Go down
stevemead

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:01 pm

I do have an SPL labs meter i use for testing. ill use your advice chris. Thanks. since im in a truck and very space limited my options are pretty slim. my daily box fits under my back seat well and has done 144 on music for just a second. i only have one extra battery and no HO alt. really not a SB ride but im working with what i got. well see after this weekend how the new box dose. my sons baptism is this weekend and will have a house full and no time to finish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum. doing SB1   New to the forum. doing SB1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the forum. doing SB1
Page 1 of 1