Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Lookin for recommendations Vote_lcapLookin for recommendations Voting_barLookin for recommendations Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Lookin for recommendations Vote_lcapLookin for recommendations Voting_barLookin for recommendations Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
record kyle records pics broken drive crank disc silence dollar stereo songs crzyblondgrl world louisiana build 80inches Audiopipe contest finals quad state chef globe 2010 Johncarr
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Lookin for recommendations

Go down 
+3
Alan
chrisfish
ezmoney
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Lookin for recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:59 am

Had plans for my Nissan Altima, that a local car audio shop put together consisting of 2- RD Audio elite 12's powered by a RD Audio 1750.1, and it was my idea to go with 6 CDT Audio 6.5s & 4 tweeters powered by an Arc Audio 4150. Well, I saw an amp on this site that I had to have, the RD D9. So, staying with the Rd subs is the plan, or maybe not, if somebody has a better idea, i'll listen. Now, how do I take advantage of the D9, all while keeping the back seat, which is a must. I dont mind losing the trunk, but i'd rather not lose it all, either. So.... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:49 am

Give me a call! I know a little something about trunks.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:50 am

If this is for daily id def stuff 2 fwd 15s blowing into the cabin. I've got a 4 dr impala here in baton rouge this way that slams.. tuned at 34hz and will burp over a 51 with 1 d9.
Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:21 am

What 15's would you recommend, voice coils, etc.
Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:23 am

I will be giving you a call, chrisfish, first oppotunity I get away from the wife, of course
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:28 pm

ezmoney wrote:
What 15's would you recommend, voice coils, etc.
Rd alfa. Or Hw's. Dual 2 if you plan to run one d9.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Yepp the amp plays .5 good daily if you got solid voltage. Of not .7 is a very happy medium with d9s of power and efficience. Check you have hieght and width to do the setup
Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Alan wrote:
Yepp the amp plays .5 good daily if you got solid voltage. Of not .7 is a very happy medium with d9s of power and efficience. Check you have hieght and width to do the setup

I will definately be getting a stronger alternator, dont know if a 220 amp would be sufficient,or go ahead and get the 270. As far as alphas & heavyweights, what size box is recommended for each, and is that vented or sealed? my trunk has 15.6 cubic feet of space, total. the height behind the seat is 17", width is 37", & it is 26" from the top of the backseatback seat to the base of the back windshield or opening of the trunk, & 31" from the bottom of the bacseat to the trunk opening, which could make for a good dual 15" from behind the seat. Anything a little more powerful or creative from those dimensions?
Back to top Go down
memphis_yota
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Is crunk yard or something like that the store your using?
Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:42 pm

memphis_yota wrote:

Yes, as a matter of fact it is. starting to wonder. What do you know? Really?
Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:44 pm

ezmoney wrote:
memphis_yota wrote:

Yes, as a matter of fact it is. starting to wonder. What do you know? Really?

good guys but questioning things
Back to top Go down
memphis_yota

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:58 pm

Never seen anything they do fare well in competition. Surprised your not getting the atmos audio push.
Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:33 am

memphis_yota wrote:
Never seen anything they do fare well in competition. Surprised your not getting the atmos audio push.

I actually overheard a phone conversation this past Friday while there in their office, and I asked the other guy if they build and design their own boxes, and he said, "yes." but not 10-15 minutes before the call, they really didn't know what they wanted to do, other than fire the subs to the back of the car, and hide the RD1750.1 and the ARC4150 on the back of the box behind the seat. Maybe that's normal, but I was thinking along the lines of flush-mounting, & showcasing the amps, & that was shot-down pretty quickly, so I asked where the vent would be, and he didn't know. Now, back to the call from Audio Enhancers, he steps out of the room, then steps back in, looked at a poster of sub boxes from AE on the wall, gave the guy the model #(KV12D), & said for 2- 12"s, and leaves the room again. upon returning, he says that the vent is gonna be on the left side of the box, & I asked him if the box he was talking over the phone about is for me, and he said, "no." he then says hes ordering it for some kid. Anyway, I looked up the box online when i got home, it was for 2- 12" with a vent on the left side, hmmm, really, & its the only dual 12" box AE sales that would fit in my car, & fire to the rear. What a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:49 am

memphis_yota wrote:

Oh yeah, they actually steered me away from it saying Atmos was not designed for daily use. What gets me about the box was that he called somebody with RD, & they said the Elite 12's need 2.25' each, that box gives 1.6 each. But see, I'm the type who wants know what Fs the box will be tuned to, ya know. I'm into specs, etc. i want the speaker to sound good throughout the frequency range. But, then again, who am i to say, or question them. Maybe I'm just anal, and that's how most places operate, or maybe the box wasn't for me, idk.
Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:58 am

I've got more questions about some things they are doing that I'm not sure if its protocol, or I'm expecting too much, if anybody is interested. my typing is archaic, so I dont want to ramble on for deaf ears.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:44 am

i suggest you hook up with Kenny or Alan on this . they are close to ware you live and are good at what they do.
Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:27 pm

chrisfish wrote:
i suggest you hook up with Kenny or Alan on this . they are close to ware you live and are good at what they do.

I agree, think they are just cutting corners.

Did you get my email, with my address?
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Thanks! I did. I will get it out asap!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:47 pm

chrisfish wrote:

I think kenny is forsure closer. But it seems like these guys are just trying yo be like most shops and toss his stuff in a prefab and send him down the street.
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:22 pm

thats what it sounds like to me too. but ezmoney i would go with memphis yota,kenny colman, up at revolution kustoms since your in columbus ga. great work check them out on facebook got some sick builds going on for sure man.
far as alan hall goes he runs Louisiana with his daily systems man, guys knows his Dung Pile for sure, if you wanna drive down. its totally up to you though bro. it sounds like your on your way to knowing what this is all about so get with one of these guys an start picking thier brains or both or all of us. but those 2 know alot about daily systems an do fairly well when it comes to the meter.
Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:11 pm

supadave wrote:
thats what it sounds like to me too. but ezmoney i would go with memphis yota,kenny colman, up at revolution kustoms since your in columbus ga. great work check them out on facebook got some sick builds going on for sure man.
far as alan hall goes he runs Louisiana with his daily systems man, guys knows his Dung Pile for sure, if you wanna drive down. its totally up to you though bro. it sounds like your on your way to knowing what this is all about so get with one of these guys an start picking thier brains or both or all of us. but those 2 know alot about daily systems an do fairly well when it comes to the meter.

I'm gonna take a trip over to Villa Rica & see Kenny when I get back from vacation next week, we've talked through email. Wanna see what he comes up with, would like to know if a daily system, can be used in competition as well.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Sure. You'll do well locally. Would need some livin for national level
Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Alan wrote:
Sure. You'll do well locally. Would need some livin for national level

What do you mean livin? I honestly dont know one thing about competition, or even what classes are available. Is there a somewhere that explains it all in detail?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:51 pm

I meant lovin. Lol. Meaning you need to change it up for higher Spl. The setup I mentioned will do low 50s with music tunning.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:39 pm

I work at a shop in Arlington and I hate it when another shop does that kind of Dung Pile. It makes all the shops look bad because some dumbass doesn't have a fornicating clue whats going on it pisses me off to no end. I have spent too much time in this industry to watch it fall the fornicate apart because of bumbshits. Sorry didn't mean to rant. But yea Alan knows his Dung Pile and so does Kenny. Can't go wrong with either one.
Back to top Go down
sbcherokee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sbcherokee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:43 am

yeah sounds to me like that shop is givin you the shaft big time man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lookin for recommendations   Lookin for recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lookin for recommendations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: HOW TO GET LOUD! :: HOW TO GET LOUD!-
Jump to: