Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Vote_lcapAeroports.. Why you no cheap? Voting_barAeroports.. Why you no cheap? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Vote_lcapAeroports.. Why you no cheap? Voting_barAeroports.. Why you no cheap? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
Audiopipe state quad 2010 world record globe records kyle stereo dollar louisiana drive finals disc pics contest chef Johncarr 80inches silence songs crank crzyblondgrl broken build
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?

Go down 
+6
supadave
daddy_j
mrbashful210
chrisfish
DMAN
twentyhurtz
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
twentyhurtz
Above Average Contributor
twentyhurtz

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Empty
PostSubject: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:05 pm

ok, so i'm building a box for a friend here shortly, and i caculated that i will be needing 3 4" ports, i gave him a price for aero's but geez, they are $55 shipped for 3 at partsexpress.com, does anyone know ANY where that they are remotely cheaper?
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darrenlaffan
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:47 pm

through them, only comes out to be 30 cents cheaper shipped total..
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:50 pm

That is a gain!!!
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:58 pm

Heard .3 gain lol Man I tell ya its the best your going to find, there not cheap, you may be able to find some used for cheaper, I may have some in my garage I will have to check.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darrenlaffan
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:01 am

1 6'' port????
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:23 am

just buy the tips for 1.30 each and tape them on pvc. I bought like 10 tips and just one piece of pvc and taped them on, and it was way cheaper. Parts express but just the tips.
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:44 am

darren if you have some 6's i would love to get my hands on them
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:52 am

yep buy the ends and make your own ... or make them all from scratch its real easy to do
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:45 am

i considered just buying the ends, they are priced about $3.50 per end, and i would need 6, so about 21 bucks plus the $12 shipping, then buy some pvc for tubing, but i read somewhere that the flares did not fit any standard size pvc port, but i do not know this for a fact.

Dave, i considered a single 6" port, but its 39 bucks, almost the same price as 3 4" on that site, and a single 6" port has 28.26 sq in. vs the 3 4" having 37.68 sq in or port area, which my goal was 40, but that is close enough.

how do you guys make your own? I'm assuming some flare ends to match up to a standard size pvc? does the flare end fit inside the I.D. of the pvc or the O.D. ?
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:32 am

r u sure just order extra's man if you order 4" aeros in bulk from parts express they are only $10 ea and they give free shipping with orders over $100 so u can get 10 of them for $100 then just keep them to user later or sell them
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:34 am

if you make your own u just flare the end of a tube and cut to length unless you wanna try and make couplings too
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:44 am

flare them how? heat up the pvc? ha, i imagine that could be worth a shot.. well it's not a box for me, and i hate to eat up my profits buying 7 extra ports, just for a $1.50 each price break and free shipping.. i am building a box for myself and will need 2 4" aero's but they need to be about 2 ft long each and those kits only come with a tube to allow up to a 17" port, so that's kinda out for right now. If i still worked at a shop i wouldn't mind buying the extra ports because they would sell off, but now that work in engineering, i do not really do many installs anymore, just maybe 1 a month or so..

I may just go pick up a 4" piece of tubing and see what i can create with it.
another thing that concerns me, is your standard size 3", 4", ect pvc has a .125 wall thickness.. Are the aeroports at least this thick as well, or thinner?
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:01 pm

without going out with a caliper and measuring idk exactly i always just bought in bullk.lol look aroun there man see if you can find some other things to buy you need i did that too.lol also if you need it longer and dont wanna try and make them just order a couple extra and use the couplers to connect 2 peices of tubing to get your 2ft to flare thm your self you need a torch and most i see use a jig to flare it out ask chrisfish im sure he would help he's done a few himself or you can get tubing idk if its exact like i said but if it is a diff size just sand it smooth into a transition so its not a sudden edge.
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:17 pm

the pvc is thicker, but the inside diameter is the same. Thats why you need to tape them on.I tried to make my own by boiling water and a cereal bowl. But I just bought like 20 tips and the shipping was $13.
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:42 pm

hmm well i may take me a stroll around lowes this evening to see what i can conjure up. I just do not want to end up with a very thin wall weak port that could possible get distorted and/or warp.
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:45 pm

if i come up with anything good or unique, i will be sure to post it.. there got to be a work around for these expensive aero ports, without making them out of fiberglass or another material.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Boiling oil does work well.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:59 pm

If its a budget build and not for spl then why do you even need a aero? Seems like a slot with a flair made from pvc would work just as well..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:01 pm

for the thick wall use a heat gun, heat up the end evenly, put it on a table and spin it or go around it for a few min with the heatgun. You will also need either a metal strainer, or some type of glass or hard bowl from the kitchen to form it over. A thin plastic one wil not work, must be something sturdy.

Push the tube down over the bowl and it will make a flare, hold it in place for a min or so and let it cool and it wil hold the new shape.

If your really good you can do it with no bowl, just heat it up and push it into the cement in your garage or whereever, it will bend out, get and even flare and hold till it cools.

class is now dismissed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:03 pm

something like this

Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=284507&s=kitchen
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Alan wrote:
If its a budget build and not for spl then why do you even need a aero? Seems like a slot with a flair made from pvc would work just as well..

it is an spl build, i just put my foot in my mouth and told the guy the ports would be about 40 bucks, and i forgot about shipping.. so i'm just trying to save myself a little cash so that i don't come out of my profit to do so.
Back to top Go down
Elite Kustoms
Elite Kustoms

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:34 pm

I might have the solution to your problem. I have 6 4" aeroports from parts express. that were used for less than a day. i should have 3 that have never been cut. and then 3 that where cut in half. let me know if your interested.
I live in madison Al.

o yea and i taped them together for tuning.
Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:49 pm

like chris said hot oil works great!! i heat up 3/8 in thick pcv with hot oil and an old hubcap to flare it.. if you go to lowes or homedepot go to the roofing section and get thr flashing the goes around the piping on the roof. it work good..
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Elite Kustoms wrote:
I might have the solution to your problem. I have 6 4" aeroports from parts express. that were used for less than a day. i should have 3 that have never been cut. and then 3 that where cut in half. let me know if your interested.
I live in madison Al.

o yea and i taped them together for tuning.

can anyone vouch for you? I see this is your first post.
Back to top Go down
Elite Kustoms
Elite Kustoms

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:04 am

Nobody here knows me. I run at meca shows as part of Phat Baby Kustomz. If it makes you feel better ill put them on ebay and you can buy them from there.

I don't really need to sale these but i run a business to help people out.
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:12 am

i think paying with pay-pal would be sufficient and just as good. Well if you have 3 considered new condition, lmk a shipped price across the state line, 39401
Back to top Go down
Elite Kustoms
Elite Kustoms

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:32 am

Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? 2011-011
They have a little silicon and aluminum tape. But it will come right off.

Shipping is $13.66 ups. Make it an even $40 shipped. paypal David@elitekustoms.net and ill ship them out.

In box ready to go.
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:22 pm

are the other two about the same condition?
Back to top Go down
Elite Kustoms
Elite Kustoms

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:28 pm

yes all are the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?   Aeroports.. Why you no cheap? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aeroports.. Why you no cheap?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next