Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Street Q - Page 2 Vote_lcapStreet Q - Page 2 Voting_barStreet Q - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Street Q - Page 2 Vote_lcapStreet Q - Page 2 Voting_barStreet Q - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
quad broken world crank silence disc stereo contest chef record state louisiana globe 80inches kyle crzyblondgrl records pics dollar songs 2010 build Audiopipe Johncarr finals drive
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Street Q

Go down 
+8
tijuana_no
jkrob21
jsketoe
chrisfish
DMAN
outsideshot23
BBGIC
nebrsq
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey all

Who all is looking at running Street Q this year.
This looks to be a fun class.

The way I understand it, must run SPL class to compete in street Q.
Is the score that that you get in your spl class go on the street q score sheet or is it tested for separate?

Thanks
Dan
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:28 am

yeah...he can't run the class...its intended for new blood crossovers and to grow SQ.
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:20 pm

So what your saying is I cannot run my SPL car in Street Q???
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:20 pm

jsketoe wrote:
yeah...he can't run the class...its intended for new blood crossovers and to grow SQ.

We let rupert run Street Q. He has built an entirely diferent car and has been running SB classes for a while now. He ran SPL and Street Q last year. He played by the rules IMO because he didn't have any other cars entered in an SQ class.

Thougths???
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Let me rephrase...I'll try to do so w/o sounding like an a$$ as this is not my intention, and I'll try to not be longwinded.
I compete in both sq and spl. I have 2 separate rides for both....I go back and forth cause I like both area's and like most, cannot afford to take 2 rides to every show. This year I am planning on running SPL, because on the way to shreve last year, I had a major breakdown with my sq car.
I'm planning on runnin the mits in Street Q because it falls into this class, along with Super stock 1800+, Super port and SB.

This class is setup to get spl guys to the sq side-and if me competing in this class is going to reflect badly on sq, then I want no part of it.
I started in sq years ago and for the first time in years am happy with the format. I indeed have placed at final for years-not all in sq(06 and 07 in SPL).

I understand that an sq car in street q is not acceptable, but this is not the case. The mits is an SPL car, that I am indeed making some mods to make it sound beter. As it sits now, you'd all laugh at the idea of this being an sq car.
I plan on competing in only SPL this year as I have in years past. I only did both in 06.

As far as what peoples intentions are and what actually happens, you won't get away from people trying to find an edge-in any class. If the intentions are to keep people that have competed in sq in the past out of this class, then it needs to be stated that way. There are too many classes started with the right intensions that end up as the toughest divisions. steetbeat is a good example.

Like I said, I like SQ, and don't want to do anything to hurt its growth, so if we need to be more clean on who competes in the class, now is the time to do so.
Now lets hear everyone's thoughts.
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:21 am

jkrob21 wrote:
jsketoe wrote:

We let rupert run Street Q. He has built an entirely diferent car and has been running SB classes for a while now. He ran SPL and Street Q last year. He played by the rules IMO because he didn't have any other cars entered in an SQ class.

Thougths???

I agree John, I don't see anything wrong with rupert being in it last year. He ran SPL, and SPL classes and did not have an SQ car at finals.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:06 am

Heck...its all about money right...anyone can probably enter it. It was NOT the original intent though.
I wasn't at finals so I didn't have a voice. It's in the past, so the precedent is set. So yeah...NE dude...go ahead.
Back to top Go down
EAllen
EAllen

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:29 pm

I was just thinking if I was a strictly SPL guy trying to do this class and find out that there was an SQ competitor that placed in multi Finals competing againt me, I would be put off. But then again, will anyone really research that other then the fact you are being very honest about what you are doing?

I believe that USACi has bigger issues about SQ growth then you being in this class or not. I just wanted to throw some caution in there.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:08 pm

I think the x over should work both ways. It is a challenge to get a spl guy to do well in sq. As well as a sq guy trying to do well in spl. Imho.
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:25 pm

the sq sheet is so introductory anyways.. SPL is the biggest factor.. i honestly dont see it being that hard to max on on SQ in thei class or close to it.. so if an sq guy wants to run he better bring 156+...
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:24 pm

That is what I am saying! ^^^
you and Roger will be close! I think it may come down to who scored better on the sq side
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:13 pm

I appreciate all the feedback guys, and like I said, I don't want to do anything to hurt the sq growth.
I had a rough day yesterdya and may have come off a bit short in my response, and I apologize for that.
In retrospect, it may be best not to enter this class as I think there are a lot of true spl competitors that would like the sq side of things and I don't want to have any of them feel shut out. I would love to get back to the day of having 300 SQ competitors at finals, and I believe we are on the right track.

Thanks guys

Dan
Back to top Go down
EAllen
EAllen

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:37 pm

I can see a benefit of you doing it as well. This class is only mentioned in SQ rules as far as I can tell. So you could be helping to promote it by running this class with your SPL vehicle. I doubt there are a lot of SPL competitors that read the SQ rules because they figure there is nothing in the SQ rules for them.
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:11 pm

That is true, it would be a good opportunity to promote it in the SPL arena.
This is something I can do throughout the rest of the season. I always have people giving me a hard time since my spl car is always clean and setup to look like a sq car.
Having it on display in the SPL area would be good to promote this class.

As far as SPL, I'm still a long ways away from my cars potential. I'll be for sure bugging you Fish at the show in a few weeks to see what ideas we can come up with. Should easily be in the mid 50's with this car, but struggling to get over the 50 mark. Might be too much show and not enough go...Only have a best of 149.9, but will have a new untested setup at the Longmont show.

See you there.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:03 am

nebrsq wrote:
That is true, it would be a good opportunity to promote it in the SPL arena.
This is something I can do throughout the rest of the season. I always have people giving me a hard time since my spl car is always clean and setup to look like a sq car.
Having it on display in the SPL area would be good to promote this class.

As far as SPL, I'm still a long ways away from my cars potential. I'll be for sure bugging you Fish at the show in a few weeks to see what ideas we can come up with. Should easily be in the mid 50's with this car, but struggling to get over the 50 mark. Might be too much show and not enough go...Only have a best of 149.9, but will have a new untested setup at the Longmont show.

See you there.
sounds good! I will do all I can. Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
F3M4
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
F3M4

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-06-10

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:48 am

chrisfish wrote:
2 classes at finals would cost to much to get many to enter this class! IMHO

Thats what I'm saying....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Street Q - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Q   Street Q - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street Q
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2