Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
best old school sub  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
best old school sub  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
best old school sub  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
best old school sub  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
best old school sub  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
best old school sub  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
best old school sub  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
best old school sub  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
best old school sub  Vote_lcapbest old school sub  Voting_barbest old school sub  Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
best old school sub  Vote_lcapbest old school sub  Voting_barbest old school sub  Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
contest world record songs globe drive broken kyle crzyblondgrl disc pics 80inches Johncarr chef quad finals build state stereo silence Audiopipe 2010 records louisiana dollar crank
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

best old school sub

Go down 
+6
dBSteve
gcg
Mark Brus
mrbashful210
The_Rowlands
poundstone
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

best old school sub  Empty
PostSubject: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:55 pm

so im doin a build with my girl with some old school equipment lookin for the best old school sub to use dont have to be the sub just the motor. gonna be 2 15's was thinkin the old punch power hx2's but lookin for any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:37 pm

rockfords
Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
Above Average Contributor
mrbashful210

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:42 pm

cerwin vega!
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:47 pm

What models? I figure strokers and the rockfords I mentioned?
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Also just for the record I'm gonna be running them off 1 us amps vlx-400 for now and 2 when I can find a second 1 I can afford!!!lol
Back to top Go down
Mark Brus
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mark Brus

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:15 pm

I think the loudest and coolest is the old cerwin vega strokers with the tan spiders and the little rod coming up out of the center Had one 15 running off a oldschool rockford. Was loud as hell. Wished I never would have sold it.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:23 pm

really?? ive seen them but never actually got to hear them. that would be something different i was also considering some old school eclipse ti's or something along that lines i got a eclipse 8051 head unit with 8v preouts for this build and all eclipse mids and highs and a eclipse 32440 for the mids and highs but never really heard the eclipses get loud. they sounded good but never really loud! thanks for the input my brains a little fried so havin problems remembering was also thinking some old dd's like first gen but dont know how to go about finding the right ones!lol
Back to top Go down
Mark Brus
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mark Brus

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:40 pm

I believe at one point and time them old strokers were the top sub for spl. If not top they were definately some of the loudest of there time.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:48 pm

i was lookin at them they are expensive still!lol might just stick with the rockfords for now unless i can get a deal on some strokers but would love to have some!!!
Back to top Go down
gcg
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
gcg

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:22 pm

i used to have the cerwin vega stroker 18 great old school sub need a lot of air space though
Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:37 pm

Have a friend selling his strokers. .. never powered up.
Back to top Go down
dBSteve
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
dBSteve

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:22 am

Strokers done right has got to be one of the best sounding subs I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:11 pm

what size are they and how much does he want mrbashful? id love to do them they just look awesome and they are different thats the whole idea of this build but i dont have $1000 to spend on 2 15's im lookin in the 5-600 range for 2 15's so unless i get a deal the rockfords are probably gonna be the ones i go with!!
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:46 pm

ftw

best old school sub  Baffle4

Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:23 pm

thats fornicating awesome geoff!!!! i might be doing this in a old box style ford ranger i found 1 really cheap also found a yugo really cheap but it needs quite a bit of work!!
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:48 pm

well think i found the car im gonna use found a 1988 yugo!!! needs a little work but should be pretty cheap and looks great for car audio!!
Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:44 pm

He thinks he only has one left he has to look for it at his shop. .. if he finds it 250.00 new just doesn't have a box it was a display.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:32 pm

awesome lmk if i can get 1 for that i wont feel so bad payin 400 for a second 1.lol thanks man
Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 9:31 pm

No problem....ill let you know tomorrow. ..
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:07 am

First off...how old do you consider 'old school'?
Some people consider RE first gen MT's, RE HC, DD 95b, TC based Eclipse subs, and many others to be 'old school'. But others think back to the late '80s and early 90s. w/ RF, Cerwin, and the likes. I even see guys online referring to to AudioMobile MASS subs and Adire Bramha MK1 or even MK2's w/ the original XBL^2 as 'old school'. And they are only circa 2000-03 designs.

The Stroker-Pro's are in a different generation than the RF HX2's.

Hell, I have an HX2 10" here at the shop Smile Also, a (same-gen) HE2 15 w/ 2 d4 recones just chillin' here at my apartment.

Dam, I know where to get a ~1990 model pair of Kicker 'Competition' 15's...my cousin has them just waiting in his attic. I know one is functional, not sure on the other. The dust cap is caved in.

Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 am

well im really lookin for late 90's 02 would prolly be the newest i would want! dont wanna go too old idk if it would handle the power. im not that old but im lookin for stuff that came out when i was young like 10-15 yrs old and yes that is right when the first 95's came out and the re's im not that old.lol i was just thinking strokers cuz i know they would handle the power. i got a offer for 2 12 rockford punch power dvc's but would reallly like 15's! im really up for anything that will get loud off a vlx-400.
Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:53 am

what about the old pyramid super blues!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:02 pm

lmao u know i actually had a pair of them 15's off a boss 1200w back in like 99-00 got it at a pawn show for like 150 for the whole setup!lmao it didnt sound very good but beat the Dung Pile out of my old ford probe i had and i beat on them for 1.5 yrs before i sold them and they were still beatin ina buddies car in 05.lmao and i actually just sond the boss amp like 2 years ago it really wasnt that bad for a boss it had 4 ga inputs and prolly put out 1000w pretty good for their rating system!lmao
Back to top Go down
taz
taz

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:09 pm

depending on how old old school you are talking , i had a 78 regal with a wall , 4 linear 5000s , on four kicker 18s back in 1990 , you could rattle the sht out of gas station windows , my buddy had a mazda extended cab with 8 vegas on earthquake amps , they both were loud and sounded good but my choice for best sounding sub would have to be w7s . im sure there may be something more expensive that may sound better but i never have spent the money to try . There was a large audio shop back then in florida , they sold alot of ADS , Macintosh , and others but could not afford that stuff . Strokers prob were great but never had any .
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:33 pm

yeah i cant afford any of that stuff either!lol this is kinda on a budget!!
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:01 pm

well think i found 2 stroker 15's for a good price!!!
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:05 pm

Thay will be a sweet clasic setup! What ride?
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:03 pm

if everything goes right its gonna be a 88 yugo!! gonna go look at it to see but from the pics and talkin to the guy it sounds solid just needs a little work!!
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:06 pm

also gotta measure to see if the amp will fit!!lol
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:08 pm

I had one in the early 90's there little. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best old school sub    best old school sub  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

best old school sub
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: