Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Audio Pipes anygood? Vote_lcapAudio Pipes anygood? Voting_barAudio Pipes anygood? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Audio Pipes anygood? Vote_lcapAudio Pipes anygood? Voting_barAudio Pipes anygood? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
dollar crank finals build records quad 80inches 2010 kyle Johncarr stereo pics state Audiopipe globe world songs broken record crzyblondgrl disc louisiana drive silence contest chef
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Audio Pipes anygood?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc8927

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Audio Pipes anygood? Empty
PostSubject: Audio Pipes anygood?   Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:30 am

I just got offered two 12" Audio Pipe TXXDMZ Diamond Series subwoofers for my pair of rockford 15s even though one is blown. I'm ganna do it regardless because they are still worth more, but I'm curious as to what these are all about. Is audio pipe a good brand? I can't find the subs on their site, But I do see them on alot of other sites they seem to be alot better then my shi**y P1's with one blown.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
Above Average Contributor
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Audio Pipes anygood?   Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:27 am

TXX-DMZ12's are the "I-Pipes". Replaced by the TXX-APX12B. Solid performers, but not a high-end sub. I've seen positive reviews on CA.com, so it should be a good budget sub for daily.

2.5" aluminum 4 layer coil, double-stack, vented pole, raised spider, 800wRMS power handling.

Should be on the level with my Pioneer Champion PRO's as far as features and performance. Though Audiopipe isn't known for using the best components, or the most robust designs... so I would be careful pushing it above 600wRMS.

Price-wise, they're pretty equivalent to your P1's. If your P1's are really blown, do the trade... otherwise, it's your preference.

LINK
Audio Pipes anygood? 25236111
Back to top Go down
Doc8927

PostSubject: Re: Audio Pipes anygood?   Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:37 am

well only one of the p1s is blown, but to trade 1 p1 and a homeaid box for two 12 Ipipes and a ported box would be a good trade to me. I think the Ipipes are less likely to have problems with the power I am putting to them. And just something to sound good in the trunk until I can get everything I am wanting to put in the next build. Oh and thanks on that catch I could not find the damn things anywhere.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Audio Pipes anygood?   Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:08 pm

* insert Andy Griffith theme song - whistling * Now you know Beaver, you have to learn from your mistakes. Heat build-up causes subs to fail thermally and a fully clipped signal (even at half power) will kill the I-pipes too... so take the time to set the gains using a multimeter with AC volts (or an oscilliscope if you can find one).

Assume that it realistically puts out 1000 wRMS at 1 ohm. I know they claim more, but 90 amps of fusing won't allow for much more than that.

The Laws:
Volts = Current * Resistance
Power = Volts * Current

Then
Power = Volts^2 / Resistance

1 ohm --> 31 Volts AC

Set it with a multimeter, on a 60 Hz tone and 3/4 headunit volume... set the gain so the meter reads 31 V-AC. No more than that.
Back to top Go down
Doc8927

PostSubject: Re: Audio Pipes anygood?   Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:32 am

What bout Polk Momo 12s? They seem to be about the same as boss to me but I wanted to see what someone with experience thinks of them? is Polk junk?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Audio Pipes anygood?   Audio Pipes anygood? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Audio Pipes anygood?
Page 1 of 1