Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
What was the DB on last years winners of SB Vote_lcapWhat was the DB on last years winners of SB Voting_barWhat was the DB on last years winners of SB Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
What was the DB on last years winners of SB Vote_lcapWhat was the DB on last years winners of SB Voting_barWhat was the DB on last years winners of SB Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
chef 80inches state record broken disc drive records stereo crzyblondgrl quad songs pics build Audiopipe dollar Johncarr kyle finals 2010 globe contest world crank silence louisiana
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

What was the DB on last years winners of SB

Go down 
+4
scionsoloxb
supadave
chrisbaldelli
Doc8927
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc8927

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-12-01

What was the DB on last years winners of SB Empty
PostSubject: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:12 pm

I seen people talking about the 1 and 2 winning at 63 Hz I was wondering what they hit at 63 Hz DB wise. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Doc8927

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Also does anyone use Win ISD to figure up their box(es)? I am using it right now to try to get the best sound I can out of what I have and I am confused as to a couple of things there...
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
Above Average Contributor
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:32 am

USACI website just got updated a few days ago and should be current.

Link to Finals results:
PDF of Scores

Do note that the 161 in SB4 was withdrawn. Regardless, that number should be eclipsed if the power/batteries are open this year.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:36 am

WinISD is a good starting point, and gives reasonable results for "normal boxes". When a box is excessively small or large, the calculations break down... plus there's no good way to accurately simulate cabin gain (to my knowledge).

Tell us which class and equipment, and we'll help you find a starting point.
Back to top Go down
Doc8927

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:50 am

Well I'm not looking to win.. or even place with this set up. Just looking to get into SB and with the same 15s I talked about in the other thread. I can get two in a ported box tuned to 40Hz to hit around 120.77 Db with a 7 cub ft box. Of course like you said no way to factor in a trunk space or the way I have the trunk ported to the cab of the car. Also winISD doesn't seem to think about all factors. like 7 cubs is WAY too much for 2 15s. but it seems to think the bigger the box the louder.
Back to top Go down
Doc8927

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:31 am

question is when you get that big of a box for that little sound won't it sound bad instead of making if louder?
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:53 am

streetbeat 1 an 2 the numbers that took each class was well above a 157
far as winsid goes, box calculators are nice an all but not really good for spl. nothing is more accurate than building a box, having a termlab, an gettoing out in the yard an testing bro, i use torre's box calculator but only for a guess estimate an thats what your gonna get when you use box calculators anyway.
an 7 cubes for 15's is really big, i would go maybe 5 or 6, but its your own bro,
an about tuning you can get more power out of amp at an higher freq than you can at say 40hz good luck with what you got going
Back to top Go down
Doc8927

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:07 pm

I'll be in Street beat 4, since the 15s. On the plus side I do have a termlab so I'll be able to see about what I can hit with what. Although its ganna take alot of MDF to figure this out. Thanks chrisbaldelli and supadave.
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:34 pm

I DID A 158.2 IN SB1 ... WHEN THIS NEW SB CD COMES OUT I SMELL ANOTHER LOUD SCORE...hahahhahahha
Back to top Go down
Doc8927

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:37 pm

another dumb question in SB they take the highest numbers you hit in the run or a sum of what your numbers where during one run?
Back to top Go down
dbmonster

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-10-02

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:59 pm

it's a rolling average score, so it's the average spl for the entire 30 sec period. no peak.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Doc8927 wrote:
I'll be in Street beat 4, since the 15s. On the plus side I do have a termlab so I'll be able to see about what I can hit with what. Although its ganna take alot of MDF to figure this out. Thanks chrisbaldelli and supadave.

SB4 will be pretty ridiculous this year. For a trunk car with P1's, you shouldn't pay any mind to the 50,000 watt monsters.

I'd expect that you could break 140 with some basic tuning and a decent box. With some creative box design and alot of Termlab time, you could see a 145. That's pretty serious for a trunk car with a budget system.
Back to top Go down
Doc8927

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:16 pm

I would be more then happy to break 140, I can only Imagine what some people will be running. I would say this is a good start though and with much more to come.
Back to top Go down
jmanjr82

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:01 am

you dont have to be in sb4 with 15s....SB3 is an option as well.
Back to top Go down
Doc8927

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:57 am

oh.. from the rules I read that was on there my only option was sb4.
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:53 am

scionsoloxb wrote:
I DID A 158.2 IN SB1 ... WHEN THIS NEW SB CD COMES OUT I SMELL ANOTHER LOUD SCORE...hahahhahahha

literally smell lol
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:24 pm

ya sb4 this year will be 163+ im sure with ridiculous wattage.. oing to take 10k$ to even compete
Back to top Go down
Doc8927

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:13 pm

well I sold my other P1s for 250 and the other amp for 50... So I got my system for free. If I can even keep up with the little guys in the sp3 I will be pleased with the free system.
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:23 am

outsideshot23 wrote:
ya sb4 this year will be 163+ im sure with ridiculous wattage.. oing to take 10k$ to even compete

Yep LOL
Back to top Go down
jmanjr82

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:17 am

re read the rules sub sizes have points and a certain amount of points per class, sb3 would/can be 2-15s, 4-12s, 8-10s, 16-8s

http://www.soundoff.org/rules/spl.htm

page 20
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:41 pm

i like pizza
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was the DB on last years winners of SB   What was the DB on last years winners of SB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was the DB on last years winners of SB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: STREET BEAT :: STREET BEAT-
Jump to: