Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Vote_lcapcivic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Voting_barcivic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Vote_lcapcivic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Voting_barcivic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
records contest chef record broken songs Audiopipe quad louisiana world silence 80inches 2010 dollar Johncarr drive disc pics crzyblondgrl build globe state crank finals kyle stereo
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dbmonster

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-10-02

civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Empty
PostSubject: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:23 am

hey guys I'm looking for some input from anybody who has experience with a car like mine.

I have an '88 civic hatchback, same body style as a crx, that i will be building for either sb2 or 3 for 2011. I was planning to build a wall with either 4 10's or 4 12's but have been wondering if a non wall setup would be as loud or louder in this car. I know that nobody walls crx's, but i assume thats usually because they are running them in stock classes as well. my car on the other hand will never be ran in stock because the rear seats are removed. I would think that a wall should be louder because the cabin volume would be smaller, but I've seen a lot of amazing numbers from non walled setups in sb. so what do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:22 am

non wall
cause its easiar to drive after the show
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:00 am

Wall it! It looks cooler in the mirror!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:44 am

You can own sb3 with this car if you want. SWAT did one sb5 with 8 10's and 12v that did i think 162's as its highest number. The only thing making it sb5 was it was a shop car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:44 am

ohh yeah it was a wall, well kinda a wall.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:52 am

kickercrx wrote:
You can own sb3 with this car if you want. SWAT did one sb5 with 8 10's and 12v that did i think 162's as its highest number. The only thing making it sb5 was it was a shop car.

i saw that car run in 09. it was badass. didnt he forget to put the mic in it and still did 40 something with the mic on the table?
Back to top Go down
dbmonster

PostSubject: Re: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:26 pm

supadave wrote:
non wall
cause its easiar to drive after the show

This car won't be a daily driver, so I'm not worried about that. Even if it was I've had walled daily cars before and didn't mind it one bit.
Back to top Go down
dbmonster

PostSubject: Re: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:31 pm

chrisfish wrote:
Wall it! It looks cooler in the mirror!

I definitely agree man, and that's exactly why I want to do a wall. I've had walled setups before and love the way it looks so menacing, especially when you go through a drive through.

But I don't want all show and no go, so if non walled will be louder I will go that route.
Back to top Go down
dbmonster

PostSubject: Re: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:35 pm

kickercrx wrote:

Does anybody have or no where I could find more info and/or pics of this car?

I know according to the point system you can run 8 10's in sb3, but I've seen somewhere that said you could only have 6. I didn't know if maybe that changed at some point or something.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Back to top Go down
dbmonster

PostSubject: Re: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Thanks man, that car is sick. Great looking car too.

I've never seen anybody run warhorses in usaci before, I'm surprised 2 even fit in that car. I thought about getting one since they're pretty cheap right now for some reason.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:55 pm

i just picked up a civic also doing the same build as swat did but with 6 12s
Back to top Go down
dbmonster

PostSubject: Re: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:28 am

I'm thinking about doing 8 10's now i'm really liking that idea.

what setup do y'all think would have more potential in my honda

4 AQ hdc3 10's no wall on 2 aq3500's for sb2
or
8 AQ sdc2.5 10's walled on 2 aq3500's for sb3

I know the sdc woofers can get loud, i've done 153+ with 4 sdc 15's on 2 aq2200's in my suburban. but I've never seen anybody getting over 155 with lower level subs, which is where i want to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?   civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

civic hatchback-to wall or not to wall?
Page 1 of 1