Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
I need a calculator or program to help me design box Vote_lcapI need a calculator or program to help me design box Voting_barI need a calculator or program to help me design box Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
I need a calculator or program to help me design box Vote_lcapI need a calculator or program to help me design box Voting_barI need a calculator or program to help me design box Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
state Audiopipe record louisiana Johncarr contest records pics kyle world silence broken chef disc globe dollar crank finals songs quad 80inches build 2010 stereo crzyblondgrl drive
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

I need a calculator or program to help me design box

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HustlePayper

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-04-08

I need a calculator or program to help me design box Empty
PostSubject: I need a calculator or program to help me design box   I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:27 am

started messing with my 97 park ave today pulled the system out my caprice wagon with was run 2 15" CVR's in a 8 cubic slot port box subs and ports back on a power bd1000.1 was stupid loud for 2 CVR's

but sadly the park avenue doesnt have room the large of a box

because of the design of the trunk hinges I dont have room for subs back and ports back so I was thinking of doing subs firing up into the back deck with circle ports back .....but I have never used circle ports and dont know where to begin
Back to top Go down
http://HustlePayper.com
chrisbaldelli
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: I need a calculator or program to help me design box   I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:07 am

Sadly your post contains no questions, so I'll comment:

1) I'd start with Google SketchUp. You can take measurements from the Park Ave's trunk, and make a solid model of the space you have.

2) Decide on a configuration. One of our trunk guys can chime in for that... but I'd probably do subs up port up. That way you can use the full length and width of your trunk. How much room do you need above the subs? 3-4" minimum. I'd do 6" if possible.

3) Use the solid model to determine your total air space available.

4) Subtract the space volume occupied by the box walls, drivers, and bracing... then subtract 8 cubic feet (3-5 cf per woofer, is what Kicker recommends).

5) The remaining volume (Total space - occupied space) can be used for the port. I use the12volt.com's port calculator for slot ports, and carstereo.com's for round ports. Use the entire volume available by maximizing the port area, for your chosen tuning 28 Hz to 35 Hz is safe for daily. Use the volume formulas to find the best port by brute force (L * W * H = V) or (PI * R^2 * L = V)

If you need inspiration, check out Moe Lester's box plans. They're well proportioned and don't waste space.
CA.COM's Free Box Plans
Back to top Go down
HustlePayper

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: I need a calculator or program to help me design box   I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:01 pm

the box in my wagon is a Moe Lester design and it hit so hard that people didn't believe the subs where cvrs I'm gonna take some measurements today the trunk is huge and i"m willing to give up a good chunk of that

the car came with a custom built sealed box I threw my subs in just have some beats I think is around 5 cubes barely fits in the trunk they sound nice but It just doesn't compare to a good ported box

any one got any links to something to help me calculate a round port tho? or even an Octoport?
Back to top Go down
http://HustlePayper.com
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: I need a calculator or program to help me design box   I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 6:37 pm

look for torre's calculator on meades site i use it as an idea on how much space i am gonna have inside my box for tuning i use my meter. if ya don't have one use torre's also there isn't a more accurate one for me anyway
Back to top Go down
jdweatherford

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: I need a calculator or program to help me design box   I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:02 am

from the perspective of a fabricator (not a box builder/designer) if you can visuallise something that would fit do alot of reseach to learn how it would work....... or at lest thats my plan for a design i have in mind we'll see how it comes out in the end
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a calculator or program to help me design box   I need a calculator or program to help me design box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need a calculator or program to help me design box
Page 1 of 1