Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Need your help guys Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Need your help guys Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Need your help guys Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Need your help guys Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Need your help guys Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Need your help guys Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Need your help guys Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Need your help guys Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Need your help guys Vote_lcapNeed your help guys Voting_barNeed your help guys Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Need your help guys Vote_lcapNeed your help guys Voting_barNeed your help guys Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
silence chef pics drive build stereo state dollar globe broken records 2010 Johncarr Audiopipe crzyblondgrl kyle quad 80inches crank finals disc louisiana songs contest record world
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Need your help guys

Go down 
+9
caleb8re
supadave
Lilredtiva
Canaan
chrisfish
Alarm God
mrbashful210
Skip01
KickerRex
13 posters
AuthorMessage
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Need your help guys Empty
PostSubject: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:27 pm

OK here's what's up. I'm looking to start a shop here in my town.. I'm going to be using RD as my main big line, but need other amps and subs.. I need radio suggestions too... I need a very afffordable price and a good product too.. thanks for any info guys...
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:25 am

Alpine

Sundown

db drive

Maxxsonics

Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
Above Average Contributor
mrbashful210

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:26 am

Kicker and pioneer. ... I know I know..... but it sells like crazy out here.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:41 am

Well are you wanting to be a high end shop? If so then I would look at Arc Audio, Morel, Genesis, Focal, Hybrid Audio, Tru. And for the daily groundpounder stuff. Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, Sundown, RD, DD, Db Drive, Kicker, there are plenty more just a short list. Most of the products listed have been in more than a few World Champion Vehicles which can be used to help sell them. Ever since I built Fred's explorer we have sold alot of the sundown amps and dd subs. I can tell you the Sundown Amps aren't no Cow poopy. We have abused the Dung Pile out of them and they keep going.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:00 pm

RD of course ..Alpine and kenwood for decks. Memphis and powerbass for subs and boston for mids
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:44 pm

i knor sundown aint no joke kimon.. i'm tryin to be the only affordable shop in town.. wal mart kills me but i gotta deal with it,, memphis is bein sold in one shop here already,, powerbass is in the other shop.. is anyone an alpine dealer? can u pm me an give me a lil info if u r? i was really leanin towards audiopipe for the low end equip.. what u guys thing about that? any info on kenwood would be great too..
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:32 pm

dB Drive offers some nice budget equipment. For those customer that are brain washed on the 1200w sony subs and peak power BS amps from walmart....they dB Drive subs have peak power listed on the cone. For instance, the 300wrms subs say 900w on the cone.

Yea, its BS marketing, but sometimes you just can persuade a customer that their 1200w peak amp only does 300wrms...lol. And their buddy told them is 1200w so it must be. So you have to sell them what they want, since apparently you don't know what you are talking about Sad

The A3 amps are nice budget amps also. IIRC, the 1000w is really ~700w.

DD is great since you can't get shopped online. Price/performance is outstanding also.
Crazy power for the $ and I hardly ever see any returns. For a nice budget 2-12 setup, we sell the DD512's and C2b, forget about prebuild boxes w/ DD subs though. That little C2b has become my go-to amp for ALOT of customers. The coax's are loud as hell on radio power for factory replacement, and w/ a small amp...say a c1b (65x2) their mid-range really starts to shine.

For wire/interconnections at a great price, you may want to look into Xscorpion. Great prices and full sized wire. Free shipping on orders over $700 and great discounts on higher $ orders. Their inexpensive prebuilts are pretty good w/ the lower level dB Drive subs too. I sell the 2-12" box for $99, never had one returned. Their 2-10 box is 1cuft per side @ 37hz, can't remember the 2-12 exactly, but I think its 1.7@37hz. VERY well built for a $99 box.

Arc offers a wide range of products also. The KS speakers are nice and smooth, given their pricing. Outstanding higher-end amps and the KS amps have some balls.

Just a few ideas.

Back to top Go down
Lilredtiva
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Lilredtiva

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 2:08 pm

I would recommend Alpine prolly for main stuff. Good name and variety of price points. Pioneer or Kenwood works good for that too. We have all of them at our shop.
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:22 pm

anyone got any thoughts on a clever name?
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:58 pm

southern audio
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:07 pm

supadave wrote:
southern audio
come on dave u can do better than that
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Design Audio.
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 7:43 pm

What street is your shop on?

lol

We are Desiard St. Pawn & Car Audio

Easy way for customers to tell others where you are located Smile
Back to top Go down
caleb8re
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
caleb8re

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:13 pm

my buddy has a shop and he sells the crap out of the lower db drive subs and amps. he also uses thier install kits. i haven seen any returns on them
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:42 pm

dB Link amp kits aren't bad either. I don't sell them, but when I run into them here at that shop, that are not horrible. Their lower line is under sized....aka...1/0 = 2ga. Upper line is true size though.

But I know for a fact that Xscorpion Xpert Link wire is TRUE size. (forget about installer series kits/wire, just stock Xpert). Hell, its hard to fit their 1/0ga wire into my Z2Hv's terminals.
And Xscorpion's pricing is amazing. Hell, I can sell 1/0ga kits for $139!!!!! And make 90pts!!!!
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Also, if you want a VERY nice prebuilt box company. Look into AudioEnhancers.
I used them for under-seat sealed boxes in most trucks. Outstanding customer/dealer service.

If you have guys coming in w/ their own subs that don't want to pay for custom boxes...the AE boxes work great. I stock the PB and KVPR series boxes for the average joe. The KVPR 2-12 box is tuned a little high for my personal tastes, but in large trunk cars and SUV's, 90% of customers will LOVE them for daily driving.

Hell, what is really sad is that my local box building competition is usually outperformed by the AE KPVR series prebuilt boxes...and ProBox doesn't stand a chance. (hint-hint....MSRP on the KPVR212 is ~169...vs ~300 on the ProBox)

Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 9:05 pm

Just to add a little more....

Unlike alot of audio shop that are used to simply pushing and installing their own brands, I work at a Pawn/Audio Shop. So, I get hands-on experience w/ EVERY brand sold in my area. And since I compete in USACi, I get even more hands-on w/ other brands. I have been thru so many wiring/sub/hu/mid/high/alarm/interconnection/box/whateverthehellyousell brands...that I fell I have an OK grasp on what the 12v world is like today.

Hey, I pawn/loan on 12v equipment.
So, you know how I value 'whored-out online' lines like kicker, mtx, alpine, rockford, etc????? I look at online pricing and consider that at MSRP!!!! Even though that price may be below dealer, I it still the 'going' price. So, automatically for a loan...a kicker L7 is worth far less than a DD2500. You see what I'm talking about?

I also sell used 12v. Mainly amps/subs since they are easier to value/test. So, I see as much used 12v as I do new. But, I also offer trade-ins on customers current systems to upgrade them to new higher performance systems, and we are the only reputable shop around that offers trade-ins!!!!!!!!

Think of Desiard St. Pawn and Car Audio as your local Chevy/Dodge/Ford dealer that takes trade-ins! (But not screwing people over like that used car lot down the road)

Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

Number of posts : 2194
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:40 am

Canaan wrote:

DD is great since you can't get shopped online.

Have you seen there online Facebook Sales and Ads and Online sales of there B-Stock items?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Teamspead.net
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:15 am

i'm gonna get in touch with kenwood and alpine tomorrow prolly.. still looking at audiopipe pretty hard.. any thoughts on them?
Back to top Go down
scoupen
scoupen

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:07 pm

go with Massive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sbaudio
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:28 pm

i'll call them too
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Audiopipe has niceeee bass amps for the price.

And do pretty well for a budget build.

Id def. get them, idk about their other products.

Good luck man

Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:29 pm

thanks, now the big question is how many southern folk could I get down to do a show??????
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:03 am

anyone know the best distributor for Alpine is????
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:35 am

If it is a big show you could get some guys from the north Very Happy
the old avitar was better.imo
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:39 am

TeamSpead-Kenny wrote:
Canaan wrote:

DD is great since you can't get shopped online.

Have you seen there online Facebook Sales and Ads and Online sales of there B-Stock items?

Thats only for people that dont have a dealer in their area......
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:49 pm

ok guys.. we have narrowed the names down to just a few now.. Whats ya'lls vote?
A) Hooked Up
B) dB Inc
C) dB Doctor

gotta know by Friday...
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Hooked up sounds cool!
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:11 am

thats what I'm leaning towards.. just kinda sound like a whore house
Back to top Go down
sbcherokee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sbcherokee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:08 am

1 vote here for hooked up
also the big selling stuff here in memphis is,
memphis(of course)
pioneer
db drive
q power
crunch
hifonics
audiopipe
brand x (if youve never heard of it look it up i use only there amps cuz theyll run at .5 ohm all day if you keep the voltage up,have decent power, and they are really cheap)
autotek
ssl
tview
sony
kicker aint so great because of the internet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need your help guys   Need your help guys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need your help guys
Page 1 of 1