Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_lcapUSACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Voting_barUSACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_lcapUSACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Voting_barUSACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
globe 80inches pics kyle state Johncarr build Audiopipe 2010 drive broken record world contest louisiana dollar records finals crank chef stereo crzyblondgrl disc quad songs silence
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond

Go down 
+17
Cablguy
SoundoffFocus
kitcatkiss
MDietrich
Stingraysevenout
tijuana_no
bmuhammad1
Chris's Studio Civic
jayhawkblk
george szawan
Maldonadosqs
nebrsq
OnYrMrk
TeamCobra1
TeamTCA
jkrob21
jsketoe
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

When do you want Finals? Shreveport, LA
Sept. 24 & 25, 2011
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_lcap51%USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_rcap
 51% [ 26 ]
Oct. 1 & 2, 2011
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_lcap24%USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_rcap
 24% [ 12 ]
Oct. 8 & 9, 2011 (Just found out HeatWave Corpus Show)
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_lcap6%USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Oct. 12 & 13, 2011 (Meca's Finals too)
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_lcap4%USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Nov. 19 & 20, 2011
USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_lcap15%USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Vote_rcap
 15% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 51

AuthorMessage

USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Empty
PostSubject: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 pm

ShowB wrote:
I am working on USACi World Finals for Shreveport, LA but I have run into a snag and need YOUR HELP!

I got some dates I need to discuss with you all, please do not jack my thread and respond with what your thoughts are.

NEW DATES BECAUSE THE OTHER DATES INTERFERRED WITH HEATWAVE AND MECA FINALS.

I can't get anything done till we pick the dates.

Last edited by ShowB on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:31 pm

It will probably take a week or so to get good opinions.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:11 pm

I've been replying in the general section. We need to move our finals timeline away from the other orgs to allow cross competition. We used to always have our finals in Nov. I know it's close to the holidays but it worked. On the other handI the Sept dates might work too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:53 pm

Well after ALOT of discussion with competitors, everyone complained that Nov was a HARD month, especially at the end of the month because of the holidays with family and with Christmas shopping expenses, not to mention the vacation time havin to be taken all in 1 month.

What used to work might not work now, now if the economy gets better then we will see.
I will be there regardless of the dates, but WE, USACi, want to let you all know what is going on and trying to keep everyone involved in the decision Wink
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:39 am

Modify the poll to offer just the late Sept date or the first week of October dates. Eliminate all other "suspect" dates as to not confuse competitors. It is important to note the other events taking place just after "proposed" USACI Finals, though. Just a thought. I, otherwise, aplaud what you are doing, Jenissa.

Todd
TCAudio

ps....something else I also never understood either. There should be NO other events ANYWHERE on the USACi Finals date. This is and should be the most highly promoted event of the year for USACi and having ANY show ANY where else in the country on THAT DATE (whatever it ends up being) is just dumb. ALL later events after Finals should be applied to the next year's (2012) season. This is the only professional way of organizing these events and possibly attract more competitors and corporate sponsors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tcaudio.net

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:56 am

Todd I was just trying to give everyone a option on dates, those are the dates that we could do Finals...well it looks like in SPL and SQ Sept. 24th & 25th are winning.

I actually LOVE THOSE DATES as well.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
Above Average Contributor
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:55 pm

im just curious why usaci would want to go back to shreveport in the first place....the show was a joke to say the least...i dont care where the finals location is because i will still be there but i thought everything about the show was halfass

dont get me wrong shreveport is only 3 hours from my house so it is a convenient location for me but i still think it should be more centrally located

sorry for the negative post but it is what it is

see yall in 2011 (with a car for once) lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:15 pm

TeamCobra1 wrote:
im just curious why usaci would want to go back to shreveport in the first place....the show was a joke to say the least...i dont care where the finals location is because i will still be there but i thought everything about the show was halfass

dont get me wrong shreveport is only 3 hours from my house so it is a convenient location for me but i still think it should be more centrally located

sorry for the negative post but it is what it is

see yall in 2011 (with a car for once) lol

The location was great, alot of stuff to do within walking distance.

The portion your referring to is the last minute advertising, but that was because the deal was made in mid August. This year I am working on it a year in advance so we will have plenty of time to advertise a whole year before the show. I feel if we can get this done by first of Jan we can get more sponsors and more spectators.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:12 pm

I know there is more than 20 competitors in SQ, let's get everyone online to vote so I can get this done Smile
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:47 pm

"online" is the problem. Really, you want some real opinions, get on the phone and call the competitors that competed this year in SQ (at Finals).
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:10 pm

The only reason I wasn't there at Finals this year is because of funds. Travel and hotel was one thing, but the price of admission was to me quite enough. I think $150 is too much for one person to have to come up with for a show. Sure it is finals, but, if we have spent much more than that on shows throughout the year, then couldn't we get a price break on the cost of competing?

Just a thought...I am in a rambling mode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:26 pm

even if usac had the turnout and funding that they are looking for in shreveport the hall is still way too small to have a large show...and in a hall that small with everybody in the same room it is impossible for a sq guy to get judged fairly on sound...
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:02 pm

One of the reasons I like shreve, is that it had a lot of things within walking distance, and the hotel being attached. I like Omaha also, but much more withing walking distance in shreveport. Even though it is 6 hrs further than any other finals I have been too, I'd go there again.
Mickey does makes a good point though, if the event doubled in size, it would be too crowded and the SQ guys would be right next to SPL, and make it impossible to be judged.

It was not bad being judged this year, and as bad as I hate to say it, I don't think we will double in size-just something to think about because I do think there will be more competitors next year in both SQ and SPL. I have 2 more guys in my neck of the woods that have already planned on it.
Back to top Go down
Maldonadosqs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Maldonadosqs

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 3:46 am

nebrsq wrote:
One of the reasons I like shreve, is that it had a lot of things within walking distance, and the hotel being attached. I like Omaha also, but much more withing walking distance in shreveport. Even though it is 6 hrs further than any other finals I have been too, I'd go there again.
Mickey does makes a good point though, if the event doubled in size, it would be too crowded and the SQ guys would be right next to SPL, and make it impossible to be judged.

It was not bad being judged this year, and as bad as I hate to say it, I don't think we will double in size-just something to think about because I do think there will be more competitors next year in both SQ and SPL. I have 2 more guys in my neck of the woods that have already planned on it.

Hi nebrsq I think the same thing that yuor that was very difficult to qualify the cars of sq this year for it nearby
that were the cars of spl

Juan Maldonado
Team D-Tronics SQ
Team DLS
Mustang GT red colorado
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:37 pm

There is other places in Shreveport, down the road, that has bigger facilities. I don't want to get into those facilities until we are SURE we can fill up what we have. Cars were spread out at Finals this year, we had alot more parking if needed. If we had more SQ cars I could of also had the Hall sectioned off for SQ but seeing there was only 4 rows it didn't go to the sectionable (is that a word ? LOL) part. Just an idea! Smile
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:46 pm

A possible solution (or at least will help) is to use the partition wall to separate the hall regardless of turnout. You are likely to see about the same turnout as before with maybe 10% more. I'm sure you want know until a long time from now who or how many will ACTUALLY show up anyway.

But, you can use the room "divider" and place SQ and show cars in the same hall leaving the exhibitors and SPL cars in the other. Noise floor was unacceptable for most of the SOUND judging this year. I think this should happen regardless of turnout, assuming it is going to be in Shreveport again.

Todd
TCAudio

Back to top Go down
http://www.tcaudio.net

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:46 pm

Todd that is exactly what I was referring to and we do have that option Smile
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-10-17

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:32 pm

i sound like a broken record already but i liked LA would not mind it being there again but would like to see finals closer to the east coast by a few hours between 5-8 just my .02 also knowing finals date and location a few months before will bring more competitors out. not 3 weeks before finals
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:39 am

I did not make finals this year. I was out of vacation time. I will be moving to CA in a month and the selfish side of me says that Finals should be mor centralized. Loved it when it was in KC. That is about as central as it gets. I know that Bartel Hall got to be an issue but there are other venues here in KC. I would say for Date the early or Late September would be good. I did not mind the Nov dates of the past but I can see how that would be hard if you had to travel. That is just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:50 pm

todd you know as well is i do that it doesnt matter the turnout it will still be 130db in the sq lanes...sound comps are not about catering to the customers anymore they are about putting money in their pockets....after you pay your money for finals everybodys hopes and dreams of a quiet sq area will be forgot about (not that i have a problem with the money thing but usac needs to remember that the comps are still for members)....usac figured out a long time ago that it was easy quick money to do outlaw spl on a local level and this eventually carried over to the customers (competitors).. cheaper..easier and faster....this over time has made the organizatin what it is today and lets be honest (spl and loud noise draws a crowd but who would leave their house much less travel around the country to look at some of this crap)...if the organization would get back to its roots and have comps to help the retailer sell product like it did in the begining it might take a while but you would see sq grow again...they offer a poor product so people dont buy it anymore

im not bashing usac but i would love to see sq grow and with the lack of promotion from the people putting on the shows it will die

i love usac rules and will compete till the bitter end so i hope this isnt taken the wrong way
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 12:40 am

I like the idea of Shreveport if the noise floor will be under control (just reading here spooks me. LOL)
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:16 pm

I like shreveport. Sounds good. Noise is an issue.....but heck....isn't it always! Good post Mickey!
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:17 pm

I agree with you Mickey...this is why I am constantly asking for a united finals. People keep saying that it's not or can't happen. To me it's something that HAS to happen. F the BS...if another solution can be given that would be better then I'm all for it. But in my humble opinion I think the biggest benefit for retailers, competitors, and the organizations would be a united finals. But hell...I'm open for other solutions!
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Well , let's do United Finals and held them at 2 different locations one organization does the SPL part and the other the SQ.LOL
A good competitor takes the sport with its adversities and even learns how to use them in its favor and not against him , but that it just me .
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 9:59 am

that might be more of a financial burden...but hey its something. this finals is pretty much set for LA. in 2011. But 2012 we should be looking at that unified finals. And ralph, jenissa and the vast majority of competitors are very open for that to happening. So let me say this again...ANYTHING, AAAAAANYTHING that USACI needs me to do or work on just let me know. Ralph you have my number and i have yours and im here with larry pagelsdorf often so we can stay in contact. And where I see that i can be some help...Ill over my services.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:12 pm

tijuana_no wrote:

A good competitor takes the sport with its adversities and even learns how to use them in its favor and not against him , but that it just me .

what do you mean by this???
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Mickey...take that RETIRED COMPETITOR ish from under your name. You got a car comin this year!...LOL.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:39 pm

i tried...it isnt working...but i am retired till i show up at an event...lol
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Bout damn time Mickey dammmn son....... Good to see ya at finals bro...
Back to top Go down
Maldonadosqs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Maldonadosqs

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:21 pm

Chris's Studio Civic wrote:
I like shreveport. Sounds good. Noise is an issue.....but heck....isn't it always! Good post Mickey!

Hey chris,

i think the same way as you, i would like if they choose something like world finals in tulsa, that we had an special area for all of the sq competitors when there was not noise at all and that help us for our final results, in shevereport was very nice as for the city and everithing but in the convention center the space we had was very small and for that they should find a better place, cause next year finals we could be bad sq competitors, but i dunno i you agree with me by choosing other city, i think about Forth Worth, Dallas or Tyler Tx thats a good location for us, so let me know what you guys think

Juan Maldonado
Team Dls
Team D-tronics SQ
Mustang Red Colorado
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond   USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

USACi World Finals NEW POLL - I need more people to respond
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next