Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Pierce Audio WMD2 Vote_lcapPierce Audio WMD2 Voting_barPierce Audio WMD2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Pierce Audio WMD2 Vote_lcapPierce Audio WMD2 Voting_barPierce Audio WMD2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
Johncarr crank pics 2010 contest stereo broken records drive disc 80inches louisiana world silence kyle record state dollar chef build crzyblondgrl globe Audiopipe songs finals quad
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Pierce Audio WMD2

Go down 
+2
Alan
chrisbaldelli
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisbaldelli
Above Average Contributor
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Does anyone have experience with PAP WMD2's?

Mainly, how would they compare to AQ HDC3, Atomic APX, DC Lvl4 XL, etc.??

There's a killer deal at their online store:
$100 WMD10s and $175 WMD2s

Almost too good to be true.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:24 pm

they dont... at least to a APX.. APX is alot stronger than any in that list though..
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:51 pm

yeah... TheAPX's handle alot more power and have alot more excursion than the others, but cost alot more too. Honestly, APXs aren't on my list, since I don't have the power to drive them properly.

Pierce Audio WMD2 10sub4

The motor looks pretty comparable to a DD 95__, DC Lvl4, or AQ HDC3... just from my noob eyes. Coil is rated for 2kW and 3 nomex spiders.

So Alan, what's your recommendation on a 10" sub that has easy access for recones, is built like a tank, and will have the motor strength to handle more power in the future?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:04 pm

ELE
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:29 pm

They only come in 12's... but a single ELE12 would be pretty beastly for SB1.

From what I'm reading they have alot of BL, meaning tight gap clearance and probably good efficiency... Sounds like an excellent SB sub as long as you don't overpower them too much.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:06 pm

i ordered a 15 the week before finals. pretty george will do any woofer in what ever size you want. they build a apx 10 so i dont know why they wouldnt build a ele.
Back to top Go down
bojangles
bojangles

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:53 pm

I got some APX 10's for ya. $300 each. They currently have the SPL coils on them, but you could recone them with whatever coil and spider option to match your application. I used them in SB2 this year at world finals. Did OK with them.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Yep. I saw you run and demo. Loud as balls playing the Barney song (and everything else, for that matter)

I might end up with your APXs, but I'd have to save up for a while.

George is currently trying to convince me that the APXs are the way to go... even when I only have 3kW available. I don't completely agree, but it does give headroom for future expansion. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 10:54 pm

I would guess one apx ten would be louder than ur current set up on the same power. I know bo could still sb over a 50 on one ten on two of the old power acoustic amps he ran.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/performanceaudio118
bojangles
bojangles

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:26 pm

This is true. and that was at 53 Hz on Petey Pablo --- Vibrate. did a 151.7.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:26 am

HA! The Pioneers don't get much love around here. You do know that they have a rigid cone, a BL of 24, and are nearly impossible to bottom out or overheat, as long as you don't overpower it excessively.

That being said, the BL only acts on 10mm of Xmax and the magnet size is pretty tiny. That's the primary reason you can't bottom them out. The odd suspension style is overly conservative and nonlinear... so it cools well, but in a lossy way.

A more traditional style of woofer with lighter paper cone, bigger/longer motor, with traditional cooling, will definitely gain as long as there's enough power to make use of the added xmax.

Back on topic:
The Pierce WMD is an excellent example of the traditional SPL woofer: big motor, lots of metal, nice power handling. No doubt, it lacks the unapologetic elegance of the Atomics, but for $175, it's not too shabby. Gorgeous woofer, with nice features if you as me.
Back to top Go down
jmanjr82

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:21 am

When I bought my Atomic Ap/Spl 10s George sold them to me for about what you would pay on those wmd10s and the Ap/Spls were damn loud and will handle a good amount more power then their 1000rms rating, keep it clean and they just ask for more!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:41 am

yepp and the ele is a nice bridge between the ap/spl and apx.. but with 3k id get apx also...
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:28 pm

That's where I'm leaning too.

Mainly because Ryan's got AQ, Matt's got some custom WMD2's... and I have to bring something new to the party.

Might as well be the best woofer around. Time to start saving, and trying to snag a deal before Finals 2011.

If anyone has some APX motors laying on the floor of their garage(regardless of series), I'll gladly work a deal as my budget allows. No matter the condition, I can rebuild em.

Thanks again, to you guys for reminding me of my mindset from last year: Take a year to learn the ropes cheaply... Then, clean some clocks with the right gear. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jmanjr82

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:52 am

The RD Audio Elite SPLs are uh (in alot of peoples mind the same as the atomic) I happen to have 6-10s as well, they are solid woofers, and they are fresh reconed never seen power, an fairly cheap, check the for sale thread.
Back to top Go down
mbrooky
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
mbrooky

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 9:08 pm

sup chris...yeah these are the so called new version of the wmd2's...they have a bigger gap in the motor to accept 8 layer coils...they say mine are the older version motors that can only fit 4 layer coils but the nightshade 8 layer coils fit fine in my motors no probs confused

but it's a damn good price for those nonetheless since the version 1 wmd2's sold for 300/piece.

i've been impressed with these subs and thought of getting a few more of these or the wmd10's which look nice too. i got the wmd2's in action in my sig Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:07 am

You say you've got the old WMD's?

The pic in your sig has a triple stack magnet, and looks significantly bigger than the old double stack WMD's.

2007 WMD 10
Pierce Audio WMD2 07wmd10side2smaller1

2011 WMD2 10
Pierce Audio WMD2 10sub4

Your subs
Pierce Audio WMD2 1603-4

The new WMD2 looks alot like your subs Very Happy beastly...
Back to top Go down
mbrooky
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
mbrooky

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:00 pm

no i have the older model wmd2...they claim the 2011 version sports a bigger gap in the motor to fit 8 layer coils...same motor design just bigger gap...but my motors fit 8 layer coils fine so i don't know...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pierce Audio WMD2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pierce Audio WMD2   Pierce Audio WMD2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pierce Audio WMD2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: