Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Vote_lcapRerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Voting_barRerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Vote_lcapRerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Voting_barRerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crzyblondgrl silence record chef 80inches drive kyle crank louisiana pics quad finals Audiopipe songs Johncarr records globe state 2010 contest world dollar disc build broken stereo
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section

Go down 
+18
TECH114
Matt_Sibley
aphinney
BillGass
Moparbass28
Jeremiah25
ibbangin
cavi_in_kc
Crash
RXZILLA
SPL2K
BBGIC
Lilredtiva
bumpin s-10
Stingraysevenout
loburbon
Navi
jmorri
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jmorri
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jmorri

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Empty
PostSubject: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 4:57 pm

Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section.... Looks like the Z1 is re-reated.

DD
----- DD M1 400 watts 07/18/2006
----- DD Z1 1725 watts 09/21/2007
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 5:00 pm

wowzas
Back to top Go down
loburbon
Above Average Contributor
loburbon

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 5:00 pm

i dont have a z1, but wasn't it rated at 1250@4ohms. doesn't that still make it legal for 601-1800? or am i thinking the z1a? just wondering.

never mind i was thinking of the z1a. man thats a big difference in what its rated at and what it did! good street beat amp though.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 5:14 pm

Good ole DD missed it bye 1000 watts this year... I tell ya..... Ohhhhhhhhhh well on to the next ones .. Next year.
Back to top Go down
bumpin s-10
bumpin s-10

Number of posts : 747

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 5:59 pm

Once again the use of 4 ohm power ratings screwed the consumers that bought the z1. I have never agreed with the way that usaci rates it's amplifier "highest published 4 ohm rating or division back from 1 ohm" again proven not to work and the consumer is the one that suffers.
Back to top Go down
Lilredtiva
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Lilredtiva

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 6:12 pm

Ouch on the Z1. Good thing we didn't look too hard at getting one.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:52 pm

bumpin s-10 wrote:
Once again the use of 4 ohm power ratings screwed the consumers that bought the z1. I have never agreed with the way that usaci rates it's amplifier "highest published 4 ohm rating or division back from 1 ohm" again proven not to work and the consumer is the one that suffers.

Our rating system is the same the CEA has set for the industry standard. We must have been doing something rihgt for the past 20 years...

I suggest the individuals building the amps use the CEA system and no one will be dissapointed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:53 pm

PS: who do you blame.... the ones who set the guidlines or the ones who ignore them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
SPL2K
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
SPL2K

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:58 pm

Stingraysevenout wrote:
Good ole DD missed it bye 1000 watts this year...

you mean 475? They claimed 1250 at 4ohm. What kinda math do they teach in Texas? Razz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.SPL2K.com
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

Number of posts : 902

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 8:20 pm

USACI wrote:
PS: who do you blame.... the ones who set the guidlines or the ones who ignore them?

you mean like when you ignore us thru all this Pro-stock issue?
Back to top Go down
Crash
Crash

Number of posts : 782

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:02 am

SPL2K wrote:
Stingraysevenout wrote:

you mean 475? They claimed 1250 at 4ohm. What kinda math do they teach in Texas? Razz Very Happy

That is the z1a not the z1. I believe the z1 was 800 or 850.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/christopherjeffery
cavi_in_kc

Number of posts : 929

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:28 am

That's just insane.
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:34 am

SPL2K wrote:
Stingraysevenout wrote:

hey....
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah25
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeremiah25

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 4:12 am

That Z1 rating is obsurd. That amp is no where near that strong at 4 ohms. It's barely that strong at a 2 ohm reactive.
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 4:36 am

So who has one that is now going to be looking for new amps before finals ? LMAO Wink How about the M3 now Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
BillGass
BillGass

Number of posts : 893

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 4:48 am

TIMMY......now on to MMATS i guess and the Z1 was 750 @ 4 ohm.......and it does do more than some above stated i will say that atleast in my application it did............oh well
Back to top Go down
jmorri
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jmorri

Number of posts : 412

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:02 am

BillGass wrote:
TIMMY......now on to MMATS i guess and the Z1 was 750 @ 4 ohm.......and it does do more than some above stated i will say that atleast in my application it did............oh well

yes, you are correct, the Z1 was rated at 750@1ohm...
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:15 am

So 1000 watts.... Difference MIKEY.... HEHE Your still my boy even though im better at math... LOL Get to work man..
Back to top Go down
SPL2K
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
SPL2K

Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:23 pm

ehh...Z1, Z1a, Z1z. they all sound the same to me. This is why i just stick to the "+" classes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.SPL2K.com
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 3:25 pm

Jeremiah25 wrote:
That Z1 rating is obsurd. That amp is no where near that strong at 4 ohms. It's barely that strong at a 2 ohm reactive.

true that...takes one more step towards...
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 12:16 am

Anyone know if this amp was tested by the aforementioned new testing facility and power technician? Just curious if things have already started being sent to this facility or if they are still not completely converted yet.

Did Ralph ever say if amps that were formerly rated by usaci would be allowed to be retested by the new agency?
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
bumpin s-10
bumpin s-10

Number of posts : 747

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 1:29 am

With results like the ones on the Z1 and what I know of them "real world" power... I would bet that most every amp out there would be pushing it's rating.

I gotta say to not be able to run 2 z1's in 1801-3000 is crazy...I'm sorry but the rating givin to them seems far higher than any real world output at 4 ohm. Hmm lets see, 1 z1 vs. 2 40.1's or 1 Z1 vs. 3 pd2000's...the list could go on and on but I think we all know which amps would be better. LOL

Don't get me wrong tho, I don't think Jimbo, Bruce etc. where wrong in protesting the amp, it's rating did seem a bit low, and the playing field needed to be leveled. But there is a difference in leveling the playing field and totally rendering an amplifier useless in this organization. There has got to be some kind of compromise. I'm interested in seeing the exact test results and could we be filled in on what was used to test the amp? How close is it to the setup used by USACI to previously test amps?
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah25
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeremiah25

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 2:02 am

bumpin s-10 wrote:
With results like the ones on the Z1 and what I know of them "real world" power... I would bet that most every amp out there would be pushing it's rating.

I gotta say to not be able to run 2 z1's in 1801-3000 is crazy...I'm sorry but the rating givin to them seems far higher than any real world output at 4 ohm. Hmm lets see, 1 z1 vs. 2 40.1's or 1 Z1 vs. 3 pd2000's...the list could go on and on but I think we all know which amps would be better. LOL

Don't get me wrong tho, I don't think Jimbo, Bruce etc. where wrong in protesting the amp, it's rating did seem a bit low, and the playing field needed to be leveled. But there is a difference in leveling the playing field and totally rendering an amplifier useless in this organization. There has got to be some kind of compromise. I'm interested in seeing the exact test results and could we be filled in on what was used to test the amp? How close is it to the setup used by USACI to previously test amps?

I've seen test results of a Z1 on an Audio Precision system 1. All I can say is that if a Sony Xplod 600 watt amp were tested on whatever test bench USAC used to test the Z1, it would fail and be rerated.......
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 1:20 pm

Yea I would have thought the amp to be between 12 and 1500 at 4 ohms. Can we get a response as to where the amp was tested, USACi or the new test facility?
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 2:04 pm

Who tested the amp?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 2:33 pm

an amp does not have to be benched if there is literature out there that supports the fact that the amp does more than its rated power since we in usac go by highest published ratings

I learned this on the 400.1 when they dug so much to find what it was expected to do before it eve had came out.

here is what ya can do suck it up and get over it thats what I did
Back to top Go down
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TAMU

Number of posts : 1548

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 9:01 pm

TECH114 wrote:
Who tested the amp?

I DID RIGHT HERE AT MY HOUSE WITH MY TRUSTY RADIO SHACK $12 VOLTMETER.
Back to top Go down
http://www.juggmaster.com
BillGass
BillGass

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:12 pm

sanman wrote:
suck it....thats what I did

I heard that before. Glad you came out and confessed. cheers
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:56 pm

nice work on editing but mine still shows i said suck it up foo
Back to top Go down
BillGass
BillGass

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:01 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section   Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rerated amps has been updated in the announcements section
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: