Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Vote_lcapCommon Sense Things to Know About Finals Voting_barCommon Sense Things to Know About Finals Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Vote_lcapCommon Sense Things to Know About Finals Voting_barCommon Sense Things to Know About Finals Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
quad stereo disc dollar build world Audiopipe contest louisiana songs Johncarr globe record crank silence records crzyblondgrl pics finals broken 80inches kyle drive chef state 2010
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Common Sense Things to Know About Finals

Go down 
+2
Chris's Studio Civic
txcomp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Empty
PostSubject: Common Sense Things to Know About Finals   Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Not to steal Jenissa’s thunder but here are a few things that are going to hopefully make finals a little smoother. I’m not trying to be a PITA but there are some simple things that you as a competitor can do to make this show run a lot smoother, get everyone out of there sooner and in turn make your judges a lot happier.

If your car leaks oil or any fluids please bring a piece of plastic or a drip pan to place under your car. This will help us with cleanup after Finals is over. Be careful with the tire dressing also because that stuff is slick and I’ve seen people bust their asses in the past.

Don't forget Registration and Insurance Papers (just in case we check em’)

Don't forget your tank must be at a 1/8 of a tank to move into Finals and please tape your tank before entering the building. You’d be AMAZED at how hard it is to find a roll of tape during setup day and in most cases, I don’t have time to go look anyway. It’s not me that gets the ticket or gets asked to leave so make sure YOU get this done beforehand.

Enter in the right class and division. It is your responsibility as a competitor to make sure you are entered in the right class and division within that class. You would be AMAZED at how many people have forgotten or chosen to ignore this long standing rule. As a reminder, you must have obtained at least 70% of your qualifying points in the division/class that you’ve registered to compete in at this event. As a head judge and line judge at the same time, I don’t really have the time to debate what the office did to screw your points over or debate the reason why your installer told you to harvest a trophy at a regional points event in a division that your car isn’t qualified in. Here are some scenarios that I have dealt with in the past and how I’m likely to deal with them again:

Competitor: “I won 1st place at the TX Heatwave in the Super Modified Class but my car is built for Intro”
Me: “You’re going to compete in Super Mod”

Competitor: “I won the Intro class at a regional event to qualify but rebuilt my car to Modified
Me: “You’re going to compete in Modified”

Competitor: “I’ve didn’t receive an invitation and didn’t get enough points to qualify but I want to compete in modified and my installer knows people at the office and said it would be OK”
Me: “You will compete in Q, Xtreme SQ or Xtreme SQ+”

Competitor: “The office lost all of my points!”
Me: “Show me your scoresheets where you qualified to be here and we’ll put you in the class you qualified in.” If you don’t have your sheets, you will compete in Q, Xtreme SQ or Xtreme SQ+” (Note: Entering in multiple SQ classes at the same show will result in accruing points in the highest division/class that you competed in at that event. That means I’m not going to count 3 first place wins but only the win in the highest division/class when placing you at finals.)

For your reference, the rulebook and classifications are located at http://www.soundoff.org/rules/usacisqrules2010.pdf. I will be following these classes to the letter and making judgment calls on everything that is not defined in black and white. NONE of the directors were involved in these classifications so if your director has misclassed you throughout the year, I apologize if you get moved to a different class or division. If you’re playing in a gray area, you may get moved up a division. If you’re playing in multiple gray areas, you’ll likely be moved to the Xtreme division and give Chris somebody to compete against.

Get your car in to the show early!! Dealing with trying to get a car in to the show on Saturday morning is a nightmare and as some of you know, will result in you getting your car judged in the SPL hall or even worse, skipped altogether. If you are not parked with all of the other cars in the SQ hall, YOU need to make sure that you latch on to me or one of my staff members and MAKE SURE that we know where you’re at. If it's getting toward the end of the day and you still haven't seen a judge, you need to remind us because we probably got sidetracked and forgot. If you do get there late, there is an above average chance that you’re going to have to move your car multiple times for various reasons so make sure you’re glued to your car at all times just in case. If I have to go page someone, that takes time and that means we all get out of there later.

Make sure that your scoresheets are completely filled out and on your windshield BEFORE you are judged. Putting “On file” for your information is not an acceptable means of filling out your scoresheet. I’m not sure if anyone realizes it or not but for the past few years I’ve been using a competitor’s “5 minute rule” time that is usually used to deal with system failures to allow them to fill out their score sheets if they're not done when I get there. Unfortunately, if you’ve burned that time filling out your sheet, you can’t afford a failure. I also use the “5 minute rule” if we have to come looking for you when we’re ready to judge your car. If we’ve waited 5 minutes and we have to skip you because we still can’t find you to judge the car then it starts costing you points.

If you want to protest, bring $1000 with you. If you can get someone to hear your case for free then good for you but if you want to protest something with me, I’m going to follow the rules and the rules state it's $1000 to protest. (Page 5 in the rule book BTW).

I’m going to be busy to get everything I’ve got assigned to me done in time so I’m going to be making very quick decisions. Getting the office involved to “come talk to me” usually results in a decision that is not in your favor so get all of your issues straightened out BEFORE we judge the car or better yet, before we even get your car in the hall. If you need a “Ralph said” to get your car in the correct division/class, you need to get it BEFORE you are judged and make sure it is noted on your scoresheet as to what happened and why you’re special. Ralph’s signature is required and it’s also a good idea if I’m made aware verbally. You’ve got all day on Friday to get this done because Saturday is going to be too late.

Again guys (and girls) this is all common sense stuff and something that we never used to have to worry about a few years ago. The smoother the show runs, the quicker it goes. The quicker it goes the sooner you (and I) get to leave to go have some fun.

See ya in a few days!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
Chris's Studio Civic
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense Things to Know About Finals   Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 4:57 pm

I am lucky if I have any gas in the car! LOL.
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense Things to Know About Finals   Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:05 pm

True... the beer can you use as a gas tank probably doesn't hold much gas... Smile
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense Things to Know About Finals   Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:51 pm

And everyone remember, we are all here because we enjoy the sport.
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense Things to Know About Finals   Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:25 pm

That's why I wrote this to give everyone some insight on things that we've seen forgotten over the years to hopefully lower everyone's stress level at the show...
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense Things to Know About Finals   Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:32 pm

Thanks for the info Bro !!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense Things to Know About Finals   Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:12 pm

Tim you forgot this one...don't give anybodys child chalk...especially mine...lol.
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense Things to Know About Finals   Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:52 am

Just to correct you real quick no matter what time you show up SQ cars are being judged in the SPL hall, shocking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Common Sense Things to Know About Finals   Common Sense Things to Know About Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Common Sense Things to Know About Finals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: