Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Vote_lcapFinals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Voting_barFinals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Vote_lcapFinals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Voting_barFinals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
songs state Johncarr disc crzyblondgrl Audiopipe records quad chef stereo world louisiana dollar finals kyle contest record broken pics 80inches silence 2010 globe drive crank build
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)

Go down 
+5
aho77
Alan
chrisbaldelli
Stingraysevenout
zacdavis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
zacdavis
Above Average Contributor
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Empty
PostSubject: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:17 pm

....heres a continuation of the thread before it got crazy haha

#1 If you didn't receive an invite simply call the office and ask them if you're invited

#2 If you earned 200 points and somebody else didn't, live with it. Bottom line, you supported USACi more than somebody else. That's a good thing.
Is it fair that you went out of your way to obtain 200 points, but your competitor didn't? I don't know...maybe?
In the end, whats most important? - Isn't it who has the loudest car at the end of the season?

So somebody may have had ample opportunity to get points because there were plenty of shows in their area, yet they still fell short of the 200, oh well! Maybe they couldn't afford the entry fees to obtain the 200 points, or heck, maybe they work on Sundays....I don't know, but it shouldn't matter...Whats important is that we have people wanting to come support finals, regardless of their point situation. Without paying attendees at WF there just isn't enough money to hold the event.

#3 Thee idea mentioned earlier, making a person at finals use the vehicle they scored the points in during the season....I like that but what about sandbaggers? What if you're building the beast at home and only pull out the sandbag car for local events during the season?
Hypothetical:
You're saving your mod van for finals, for whatever reason, (maybe you don't want to put wear 'n' tear on the motor, or the equipment can only handle a few burps before blowing up, or, it cost to much to haul to local events, or maybe you just don't want anybody to see your build and end up having a copy of it show up at finals!)...either way, it should be our choice, not a rule...(IMO)

Somebody suggested that if you didn't meet the points or curve in your area than you should pay a different entry fee at finals. Sounds good to me.
As of now the entry fee is $150 for members who have met the 200 or curve.
What if for every point below they pay 1 buck...

Example :

200 points = $150
160 points = $150 + 40 = $190
95 points = $150 + 105 = $255
and so on........
(only problem with that is a few shows here and there fail to get uploaded through-out the season, and that causes members to have missing points!)

Maybe it would be easier to say
200 points = $150
anything below 200 points or curve, you pay an extra $50 (so you'd pay $200)
....that'd be much easier.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:35 pm

Yeah well UR MOM........LOL JK Zac ya mofo ...hehe
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Summary of the rest of the (useful) input:

- Yeah, sandbagging sucks, but what can we do about it. Too complicated.

- The idea of adding $$ to replace points is a good idea. Alot of people like it, alot of people are ambivalent... as long as you're a member.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:25 pm

not this thread
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Well I'm hoping o don't get all the different car drama cus my car burned to the ground and so far I have spent 7 k in 2 months just to get to finals to compet weather it wins or not
Back to top Go down
http://www.ahoaudio.com
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 pm

not this thread
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Anyone with more than 1500 points should get free clases and room according to that math!
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:13 pm

I can't imagine anyone getting that many points... no way!

geek (2 points for exceptional effort this year Chris)

Following this logic, we should pay Aubrey and John to go to Finals.

Honestly, it's not a bad idea to give out 1 free Finals entry for every 1000 points earned. Or atleast free membership for next year.
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:11 am

yep i hear ya on that one those guys spend aload of cash to suport usaci dont take it the rong way i understad that theres over head but hell thay are spending a Dung Pile load to go to shows Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.ahoaudio.com
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:27 am

I can see both sides of the argument, but with the numbers getting lower and lower at finals each year it would be nice to see a huge turn out like the old days. I'm sure that most of the people that didn't acquire the 200 points are more than likely going to be people that aren't at the head of their class or are putting up huge numbers anyway. Sure there might be a few but I would hope that those who are really chasing a first place trophy at finals would also take pride in earning their points and supporting usaci by making every show they can. If everyone started doing just a few shows throughout the year knowing they would get an invite even if they didn't get the 200 points then before long there wouldn't be a usaci to compete in the sport they love. I guess if your worried about someone who didn't make points coming and taking your trophy then it seems like you have more work to do. This sport is about competition and whats a win if you had two people in your class? I would take a lot more pride in a win with a class that had 15 people in it and the top 5 scores were within a db or so that winning by 5 db above one or two people. The more people in each class the harder you are gonna have to work. I for one would like to see things like they were years ago with classes full of people, even if it meant I moved farther down the podium at finals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/performanceaudio118
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:26 am

you guys act surprised about the 200 points and invites. im sure they just have a huge stack of names from the past and present and send them out in bulk. happens every single year.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:37 am

yepp lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:17 am

yeah i dont have a problem with it, i always get my points. if people want to pay extra though it should be at least the equivlant of what we pay. around here for a memeber its $20 for a 1x event, usually $30-35 for a 2x and $30-50 for a 3x. so thats any where from .66 cents to 1.33 per point, then tax them a little for not supporting usaci and the local promoter who spent his money to have a show, i guess round up, ok $2 per point, still cheaper by the time you add travel etc into the equation.

wait lets just not have shows at all everyone will just pay $400 and we will only have one show a year called world finals, we will no longer get together and hand out at shows, shoot the Dung Pile and see what each other is working on

Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:48 am

I agree Chad! It sucks! I told Matt he would get one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:58 am

funny how part of my reply got deleted/edited, yet we can't get ralph or darville to comment on important stuff, like if the storm lake PMQ show is happening or not. I'm not going and since it didnt get put on events list and mark says its not i guessing its not.

but hey at least you got to read my post fish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)   Finals invites n 200 point thingy  (w/o the alan jeff feud) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finals invites n 200 point thingy (w/o the alan jeff feud)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: