Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Vote_lcapOpinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Voting_barOpinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Vote_lcapOpinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Voting_barOpinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
world silence 80inches broken crank finals globe records chef kyle contest state disc louisiana record stereo Johncarr drive songs pics dollar Audiopipe crzyblondgrl 2010 quad build
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules

Go down 
+2
SpeakerBox
soundbybass
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules   Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Was wondering what your opinions are for battery grounding with the new rules that both my batteries can be in the back of the vehicle for stock.

Under the old rules with one bat in front and one in back i had 2 pos runs and 2 negs runs from front to back and the front battery was grounded to the frame, engine, and alt.

basically for the new rules I just took the batt out of the front and added it to the rear.

now my charging lead runs straight from the alt to the back, and my old neg runs still go all the way to the front to be grounded to the engine, frame, etc.

Should I just ground to frame in the back now to make it shorter, or does it even matter, the way I would do it would just be to use what i already have for neg wire, put ring terminals on, so the run still goes to the front, but has a connection to the frame in the back.

or should i just do short runs to the frame in back, and short runs to frame in front for car electrical

any thoughts, all this is spl directed, trying to find the tenths here and there.
Back to top Go down
soundbybass
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
soundbybass

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules   Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Test it and see which works better for ya It wouldnt hurt to do it all ground in front and back and have a run to the back try it and see
Back to top Go down
SpeakerBox
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules   Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:56 am

My personal thoughts is have the shortest grounds possible. Keep the negative run since its there, add a few short grounds to the rear and test. Take the longer one off from the rear and test again. If your setup is easily accessible, should be really easy to test and shouldn't take long to get done and have an answer as to what works for you. Just my opinion though, im no world class competitor but seems straight forward enough for me to help a little.
Back to top Go down
XFL-Leader
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
XFL-Leader

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules   Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:07 am

Use the long grounds up front to ground the alternator to the rear batteries. Just like the power wire, what ever is sufficient for your alternator. The is no reason to ground your rear mounted batteries to the front of the car. Ground the batteries in the back. And I think you should have one short ground on the alternator up front..
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules   Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:30 pm

chad i cant see it making a huge difference unless your score really relys on the alts power. your truck has a full frame and id bet solid grounds to the frame front and back would be the same number as if you left the wires ran. but you already have them ran right? if you thought the frame would be louder then it defenatly would of been louder when you still have the battery up front.. right?
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules   Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:14 pm

soundbybass wrote:
Test it and see which works better for ya It wouldnt hurt to do it all ground in front and back and have a run to the back try it and see

X2, probably won't make a huge difference but you should test regardless. Db Draggers need the extra runs of (-) and (+) because their street class rules make them run with the car off, so they need it, but with you having your vehicle running it shouldn't make a big difference. I have a couple runs of each myself because I do drags and USACi. My electrical seemed to get a little weaker when I had just the (-) runs, when I added grounds from the rear batts to the frame as well as the (-) runs it got much better. Your vehicle might be different so test it out and see.
Back to top Go down
sbcherokee
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sbcherokee

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules   Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:34 am

if ur lookin for tenths a little more power wire never hurt anyone....except for the pioneer f250 extreme truck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules   Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions on battery grounding with the new batts rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: