Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
layers of mat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
layers of mat Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
layers of mat Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
layers of mat Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
layers of mat Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
layers of mat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
layers of mat Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
layers of mat Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
layers of mat Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
layers of mat Vote_lcaplayers of mat Voting_barlayers of mat Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
quad Johncarr state crank broken Audiopipe finals dollar 2010 stereo globe crzyblondgrl silence chef disc louisiana build world kyle drive record records songs 80inches contest pics
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

layers of mat

Go down 
+9
2003f150
cody08
Canaan
chrisbaldelli
dbdaddy
supadave
mfivespeed
Alarm God
The_Rowlands
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 6:44 pm

is there a limit in sb.....
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Fiberglass or dynamat?
Back to top Go down
mfivespeed
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
mfivespeed

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-03-08

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:13 pm

hushmat
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:30 am

nope there is not limit to it at all. haven't seena limit to it in any class i don't think
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:43 am

so i can add 50 to 100 layers on the floor and be legal,,,,. im for real here,,,
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
Above Average Contributor
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:05 am

from what i gathered, the panels need to go back on and look normal. whatever you can stuff under that, thats all you. but i know nuthin. im still flappin sheet metal up front.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:04 pm

I've got 2 layers of Peel N Seal on the floor/doors... but I'm with dBDaddy and Dave. Until they clear it up, (and start checking) you can run 100 layers behind the B pillar, and any number behind the doors/dash/console ... so long as the stock interior is still installed and unmodified.

I wouldn't spend too much money on it though... cause if you roll up with a 6" of dynamat in your dash/doors/console, you know that someone will complain (especially if you win).

As a blatant thread jack, do you guys know if the space UNDER the seats is fair-game? As long as it doesn't "manipulate the mic" or "facilitate the audio system" in a known manner ... a bag of concrete (or toolbox) under each seat shouldn't be against the rules. pirat
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:37 pm

I see nothing in the rules about multiple layers of mat. And if they change the rules to limit mat...I know of ALOT of vehicles out there that will be breaking out the ole scraper and heatgun.

As long as the panels can be mounted in an OEM fashion, I see nothing that should be grounds for a DQ. Unless it is something like so much mat the windows no longer work or it is covering a void in dashes/vents.

Hell, our van's roof would rip apart everytime we demoed if it wasn't for mat. Had to mass load that dam thing, ripped the first time at only 157-58 Shocked
Back to top Go down
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2009-06-12

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:45 pm

There is always the grey area rowlands lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/performanceaudio118
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:22 am

Canaan wrote:
I

Hell, our van's roof would rip apart everytime we demoed if it wasn't for mat. Had to mass load that dam thing, ripped the first time at only 157-58 Shocked
THATS THE MAIN REASON ,,PLUS THE GAIN IS NICE ..I HAVE OVER 2 DOZEN RIPS IN THE ROOF ,ALOT IN THE FLOOR , A FEW IN THE DOORS ,AND THE FIRE WALL , AND ALONG WINDSHIELD FRAME
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:27 am

WE NEED SB TO BE ,,,STOCK SEATS IN PLACE ,,,,DOOR PANELS IN PLACE ,,,,WINDOWS MUST ROLL UP AND DOWN ,,, AND ALL WINDOWS MUST BE OEM ... AND THATS IT FOR RULES ,SO WE CAN BRACE , AND STIFFIN UP CABIN SO AFTER 1 YEAR YA DONT NEED TO GET NEW CAR TRUCK OR VAN BECAUSE ITS RIPPED TA SHREDS
Back to top Go down
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:56 am

The_Rowlands wrote:
WE NEED SB TO BE ,,,STOCK SEATS IN PLACE ,,,,DOOR PANELS IN PLACE ,,,,WINDOWS MUST ROLL UP AND DOWN ,,, AND ALL WINDOWS MUST BE OEM ... AND THATS IT FOR RULES ,SO WE CAN BRACE , AND STIFFIN UP CABIN SO AFTER 1 YEAR YA DONT NEED TO GET NEW CAR TRUCK OR VAN BECAUSE ITS RIPPED TA SHREDS

Wouldn't that be getting away from the essence of a street beater? lol
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:26 pm

The_Rowlands wrote:

Maybe sb5 can have this but sb4 and down which is consumers be like a normal daily street beater.
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:18 pm

The_Rowlands wrote:

I'm boarder line in agreement with this.
Welding up rips in the body sucks. And to me the whole point of SB is to run the lanes, put up big #'s, then roll over in the corner and demo for people for god knows how long. Draw attention to the audio side of the car show, draw more interest from the average joe.

But after demoing, you have to go thru the vehicle and see what parts of the body may have ripped or loosened.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the super-mods should run SB, but roof/floor bracing could make a world of different in longevity of the vehicle.

Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:49 pm

ya this should be legal
layers of mat 008-17
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:14 pm

That is exactly the type of bracing I am talking about Rowland!

I know it would save some people $ and time on rips in the body.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:39 pm

I saw someone at the Shades show in 2009 use something like that in SB4 and it was let go. So I don't know how that did not get dq'd but it didn't. Guess because he was 3+ Db lower than 1st place that day.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:10 pm

lol yep///
Back to top Go down
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:07 am

Or maybe start a SB supermod class.
Back to top Go down
kitcatkiss
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
kitcatkiss

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-06-15

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 am

That's a really sweet brace Jeff... You've done a lot of work. I had my husband Chris Rhodes look at the pic u posted and he just said "Wow!"
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:55 am

Alarm God wrote:
I saw someone at the Shades show in 2009 use something like that in SB4 and it was let go. So I don't know how that did not get dq'd but it didn't. Guess because he was 3+ Db lower than 1st place that day.

that may be so, but his voltage stays legal and he doesnt put fiberglass on his floorboard. and he pulled it out as soon as he was told to.

cmon man. play straight before you cry about other people.

Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:50 am

thats not my brace ,,,just a build im watching on term pro
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:30 am

dbdaddy wrote:
Alarm God wrote:

that may be so, but his voltage stays legal and he doesnt put fiberglass on his floorboard. and he pulled it out as soon as he was told to.

Hmmmm 15.3v in whose vehicle??
Back to top Go down
money_inc
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-09-18

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 11:12 am

dbdaddy wrote:
Alarm God wrote:

LOLZ

2003f150 wrote:
dbdaddy wrote:
Alarm God wrote:

Hmmmm 15.3v in whose vehicle??

Freds. but I think he pulled out the glass off the floor board after last years finals and I hope the voltage was solved for this year
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:38 pm

[quote="dbdaddy"]
Alarm God wrote:

First off I am not crying about anyone just stating a fact. And as far as voltage goes yea it was 15.3 volts before the run. We were told that before we could start the run the voltage had to be 14.7 which at the start of the run it was. As far as the fiberglass on the floor I was never told to pull it out. So before you start talking out your ass there was no rule that stated it could not be done. Plus at the time when I called the main office and asked about it before finals they stated that it was ok to do it. So why don't you just STFU. Plus when I did pull the Fiberglass the score went up by a Db and its been climbing ever since.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:08 pm

look man, deny it all you want. i saw a video of the truck in the middle of a run and the meter that was left on read over 15. you know exactly what im talking about. all im saying is you push any grey area you can and are running your c??ksucker about my friend's truck and then with your belittling comment about 3rd place not mattering if he cheated. you are arrogant. you know something? if it wasnt for 2nd and 3rd, you would be playin with yourself.

while we are talking about what is allowed in the rules, when did they make exterior mods legal?

not allowed to rhino guard the inside? thats cool, just hit the outside a little.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Chill out, Alarm God.

I've seen people's voltage get a little high before, and it bugs me too. As long as you're volts stayed under 14.7 DURING the run, everything's gravy.

If you're legit, then you're legit... and you should be begging for someone to throw the challenge flag. If you're pushing the limits on voltage, expect people to. Personally, I work hard to keep my system optimized and legal. My alt runs at 14.7 all day long... and I'll let anyone sit in and watch the Stinger voltmeter. Anything higher is an unfair advantage to everyone and shouldn't be tolerated.

If a vid exists, and can be validated... showing you over 15V, then you've got plenty of reason to get defensive. Just make sure to get your stuff together during Finals, because it won't fly there.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:36 pm

dbdaddy wrote:
look man, deny it all you want. i saw a video of the truck in the middle of a run and the meter that was left on read over 15. you know exactly what im talking about. all im saying is you push any grey area you can and are running your c??ksucker about my friend's truck and then with your belittling comment about 3rd place not mattering if he cheated. you are arrogant. you know something? if it wasnt for 2nd and 3rd, you would be playin with yourself.

while we are talking about what is allowed in the rules, when did they make exterior mods legal?

not allowed to rhino guard the inside? thats cool, just hit the outside a little.

I would like to see that video. I was not belittling anyone I was stating that the brace thing flew at a 3x show. And true if it wasn't for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th I would be playing by myself. The vehicle is legit has been and will continue to be. If it gets Judged to be legit then its legit. If there is a question about it then protest it. I could use the money.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:49 pm

there is no point arguing with you about something you will never admit.

i dont know if you know what STFU means and what you are really saying when you type that, but please dont be one of those guys that grows big balls on the keyboard.
im pretty sure you wouldnt say something like that to someones face.
now im no ninja, but if you ever talk to me like that to my face, I'll smack you.
Back to top Go down
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:20 pm

See ya at Finals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

layers of mat Empty
PostSubject: Re: layers of mat   layers of mat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

layers of mat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: STREET BEAT :: STREET BEAT-
Jump to: